    Anyone else seen this ?

    Thanks in advance

    Nigel
    Nigel Whitwood, Sep 2, 2003

  2. Nigel Whitwood

    JK Guest

    This is probably due to the fact that the lens lets relatively little
    light through at full telephoto(it is at f5.2). Try setting the ISO
    on the camera to 320 which is its maximum, and using the
    camera in bright light.The move to ISO 320 will make the
    sensor more sensitive to light, but also decreases image
    quality. If you can return the camera, I suggest that you do
    so, and buy an Olympus C4000 instead. The C4000 is only
    around $350, yet its lens is a constant f2.8, and lets through more
    than 3 times as much light as the lens on the Stylus 400
    at full telephoto. The C4000 is a bit larger than the Stylus
    400 though.

    JK, Sep 2, 2003