    What's the size of the memory card you're using & how much pics can you
    approximately save on it?

    thx for the info! ;)

    Olivier V., Oct 2, 2003

  2. Olivier V.

    Basill Guest

    I bought one about 6 weeks ago, I`m not a `photographer` but I wanted a
    good quality point and shoot camera with a bit of zoom. Its pocket sized
    and feels very well made. I`m very pleased with my pictures so far.
    Practically all of the pics I have taken have been in focus and the
    exposure has been spot on. Most of my pics so far have been take in full
    auto mode. I have tried some of the other presets, flash on/off etc and feel
    that it will take practice to make the most of these. In auto (P) mode it
    has a habit of using the flash, fill in?, sometimes even in bright sunlight,
    but this behaviour is similar to other small cameras in auto mode and is
    probably nothing to worry about

    I spent hours searching DPreview and any number of digicam websites before
    my purchase, I had almost decided on a canon S50 (for the many extra
    features and resolution) but after a good fiddle with a number of POS
    cameras down at good ole Dixons I was sold on the smaller size, ease of use
    and, OK, looks of the Olympus. I`d recommend going to a camera shop and
    having a play with some different cameras as I certainly changed my mind
    once I`d seen them in the flesh.

    I bought mine off the net at £305, shortly afterwords looking on a friends
    behalf I noticed that Dixons Online (UK) had a special offer on at £289.
    From this evidence alone I suspect the price is about to drop. I also
    notice the 4MP Olympus Camedia, insides probably identical, not weatherproof
    and not quite so pretty, is being advertised at about £199.

    I have a 128 Mb card with space for about 130 HQ (default) or about 35 at
    SHQ. Its not easy to tell the difference between these settings, but I
    expect the SHQ would enlarge better.

    Its my first digital camera and yes I would recommed it

    I hope these observations are of some help to you,

    Regards,

    Basill

    Basill, Oct 3, 2003

  3. Olivier V.

    Olivier V. Guest

    Thx for the info!

    I will indeed go to a camshop and take a look at them all in real life, thx
    for the tip!

    Olivier V., Oct 3, 2003