    the card? This is driving me insane and Olympus has been as helpful as
    a milking stool under a damn bull!! @#$%^& PLEASE help me!!
    , May 18, 2008

  2. Nervous Nick Guest

    On May 18, 12:30 pm, ""
    <> wrote:
    > I need the driver for this camera. I bought a new laptop a couple days
    > ago and my camera doesn't seem to like it much. I have downloaded and
    > tried everything I can find. My card reader is all of a sudden not
    > working either. It was fine 2 days ago. How else can I get my pics off
    > the card? This is driving me insane and Olympus has been as helpful as
    > a milking stool under a damn bull!! @#$%^& PLEASE help me!!

    http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_product.asp?p=16&bc=2&product=615&fl=7

    or

    http://tinyurl.com/6ygzjc

    You did not say what platform you are on, but if what you need is, as
    you said, the driver, the above link will probably help.

    --
    YOP...
    Nervous Nick, May 18, 2008

  3. Guest

    On May 18, 5:43 pm, Nervous Nick <> wrote:
    > On May 18, 12:30 pm, ""
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > > I need the driver for this camera. I bought a new laptop a couple days
    > > ago and my camera doesn't seem to like it much. I have downloaded and
    > > tried everything I can find. My card reader is all of a sudden not
    > > working either. It was fine 2 days ago. How else can I get my pics off
    > > the card? This is driving me insane and Olympus has been as helpful as
    > > a milking stool under a damn bull!! @#$%^& PLEASE help me!!

    > http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_product.asp?p=16&bc=2&p....
    >
    > or
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/6ygzjc
    >
    > You did not say what platform you are on, but if what you need is, as
    > you said, the driver, the above link will probably help.
    >
    > --
    > YOP...

    I am using Windows Vista....
    , May 19, 2008
  4. Nervous Nick Guest

    On May 18, 6:09 pm, ""
    <> wrote:
    > On May 18, 5:43 pm, Nervous Nick <> wrote:
    >

    > > On May 18, 12:30 pm, ""

    > > <> wrote:
    > > > I need the driver for this camera. I bought a new laptop a couple days
    > > > ago and my camera doesn't seem to like it much. I have downloaded and
    > > > tried everything I can find. My card reader is all of a sudden not
    > > > working either. It was fine 2 days ago. How else can I get my pics off
    > > > the card? This is driving me insane and Olympus has been as helpful as
    > > > a milking stool under a damn bull!! @#$%^& PLEASE help me!!

    > >http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_product.asp?p=16&bc=2&p...

    > > or

    > >http://tinyurl.com/6ygzjc

    > > You did not say what platform you are on, but if what you need is, as
    > > you said, the driver, the above link will probably help.

    > > --
    > > YOP...

    > I am using Windows Vista....

    Oh. Sorry to hear that.

    --
    YOP...
    Nervous Nick, May 19, 2008
  5. Guest

    On May 19, 6:34 am, Nervous Nick <> wrote:
    > On May 18, 6:09 pm, ""
    >

    > <> wrote:
    > > On May 18, 5:43 pm, Nervous Nick <> wrote:

    > > >http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_product.asp?p=16&bc=2&p...

    > > > or

    > > >http://tinyurl.com/6ygzjc

    I am using Windows Vista....

    > Oh.  Sorry to hear that.
    >
    > --
    > YOP...- Hide quoted text -

    Sorry to hear that? Sorry because it is Vista or sorry because there
    is no way in hell I will be able to use my camera with Vista???
    , May 19, 2008
  6. ? <> ?????? ??? ??????
    On May 19, 6:34 am, Nervous Nick <> wrote:
    > On May 18, 6:09 pm, ""
    >

    > <> wrote:
    > > On May 18, 5:43 pm, Nervous Nick <> wrote:

    > > >http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_product.asp?p=16&bc=2&p...

    > > > or

    > > >http://tinyurl.com/6ygzjc

    I am using Windows Vista....

    > Oh. Sorry to hear that.
    >
    > --
    > YOP...- Hide quoted text -

    Sorry to hear that? Sorry because it is Vista or sorry because there
    is no way in hell I will be able to use my camera with Vista???
    <end quote>
    Sorry to ask the obvious, but you plug in the card reader in one of your
    laptop's USB ports, and it doesn't work? When you insert your card, and go
    to my computer, and click on the removable media drive, there are no files
    there? Is your camera an old one, so that it is difficult to get vista
    drivers, that *really* work? My mother got a Vista laptop, and we couldn't
    get her old printer to work (Lexmark z605) *although* I downloaded the
    latest Vista drivers. So she got a new printer, and high time it was, too.
    Please, provide more information, so anybody could help?

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, May 19, 2008
  7. Guest

    On May 19, 10:39 am, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" <>
    wrote:
    > ? <> ?????? ??? ??????news:...
    > On May 19, 6:34 am, Nervous Nick <> wrote:
    >

    > > On May 18, 6:09 pm, ""

    > > <> wrote:

    >  I am using Windows Vista....
    >

    > > Oh. Sorry to hear that.

    > > --
    > > YOP...- Hide quoted text -

    > Sorry to hear that? Sorry because it is Vista or sorry because there
    > is no way in hell I will be able to use my camera with Vista???
    > <end quote>
    > Sorry to ask the obvious, but you plug in the card reader in one of your
    > laptop's USB ports, and it doesn't work? When you insert your card, and go
    > to my computer, and click on the removable media drive, there are no files
    > there? Is your camera an old one, so that it is difficult to get vista
    > drivers, that *really* work? My mother got a Vista laptop, and we couldn't
    > get her old printer to work (Lexmark z605) *although* I downloaded the
    > latest Vista drivers. So she got a new printer, and high time it was, too.
    > Please, provide more information, so anybody could help?
    >
    > --
    > Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    > major in electrical engineering
    > mechanized infantry reservist
    > hordad AT otenet DOT gr- Hide quoted text -

    The card reader is plugged into a usb port and all 4 slots show up in
    My Computer as seperate drives. The drive that my smart card is in
    opens through autorun but shows no files. My camera doesn't seem to
    have internal memory or anything. I have contacted Microsoft and
    Olympus but have not heard from them.The card cannot be read on my
    husbands computer or the kiosk thing at Walmart. Everything says the
    card is blank but when the card is in the camera the pictures show up
    just as they always have. This problem just started yesterday. Until
    then the card reader was fine...I have no clue what is going on. I
    have restarted the computer. I have downloaded drivers from Great
    Britian and Japan and the good ole USA and have gotten NOTHING other
    than a new script for Xanax!!! (JK) PLEASE help! I also have the
    Olympus Master 2 imaging software....
    , May 19, 2008
  8. Nervous Nick Guest

    > > Sorry to hear that? Sorry because it is Vista or sorry because there
    > > is no way in hell I will be able to use my camera with Vista???

    Heh, I meant the former--because it's Vista.

    Anyway, I thought about your problem and really couldn't think of
    anything else, not knowing your camera. But if it comes down to it,
    you might want to find a deleted file recovery program (there are a
    couple of good ones online, but I forget which one of them I used,
    sorry) and run your card through that. It's worth a try. I have the
    Camedia C-5000 Z, and I was able to recover deleted files from a card
    with one of those programs--I know your files aren't deleted, but
    maybe something is making computers think so.

    Barring this, you could always try reformatting the card--but it
    sounds like there are important photos on there that you really want
    to save, since another card wouldn't be that costly.

    Take care.

    Nicko
    Nervous Nick, May 20, 2008
  9. Guest

    On May 20, 6:53 pm, Nervous Nick <> wrote:
    > > > Sorry to hear that? Sorry because it is Vista or sorry because there
    > > > is no way in hell I will be able to use my camera with Vista???

    > Heh, I meant the former--because it's Vista.
    >
    > Anyway, I thought about your problem and really couldn't think of
    > anything else, not knowing your camera. But if it comes down to it,
    > you might want to find a deleted file recovery program (there are a
    > couple of good ones online, but I forget which one of them I used,
    > sorry) and run your card through that. It's worth a try. I have the
    > Camedia C-5000 Z, and I was able to recover deleted files from a card
    > with one of those programs--I know your files aren't deleted, but
    > maybe something is making computers think so.
    >
    > Barring this, you could always try reformatting the card--but it
    > sounds like there are important photos on there that you really want
    > to save, since another card wouldn't be that costly.
    >
    > Take care.
    >
    > Nicko

    I also have an Olympus C3000Z (circa 2000) which I use with a Lexar
    Smart Media Card Reader. However, I continue to use Win98SE, so
    everything works perfectly. The Lexar creates a virtual drive on my
    computer to which the pictures are transferred from the Smart Media
    Card. I then copy the pictures I want from the virtual drive to a
    folder on my "C" drive. I then remove the Lexar from the USB port,
    reformat the Smart Media Card, take new pictures. My suggestion is to
    locate someone with a Win98SE, 2000, or XP computer, use the same
    technique that I used, which ought to get the pictures off your Smart
    Media Card. Then try to figure out a new approach.
    , May 21, 2008
  10. terrymorgan

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    I hadn't used my c-3000 in 5 years and 2 computers ago, first I was getting 'no card', then for some reason the cards started working, then my Vista computer's card reader couldn't find the Smartmedia cards (which are STILL $67 for a 64MB!). After hours of useless searching, I finally dug up my Camedia 2 software, found the USB cable, hooked it up to my Windows 2000 machine and got the pictures off it. Curse you Olympus, you deserved to go bankrupt!
    terrymorgan, Jul 10, 2012