Olympus hits another foul ball....

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Jun 22, 2010.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    RichA, Jun 22, 2010

  2. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 16:56:56 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    wrote:
    >All those poor little Olympus users on the Dpreview micro 4/3rds
    >forum, praying Olympus had something to match Panasonic, are now
    >disappointed. You can't make a frigging lens cost 1/2 the price (as
    >Sony recently found out) and have it perform as well.
    >
    >http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/review/special/20100621_374564.html

    What information on that page leads you to conclude that the Zuiko
    lens is a poor performer?
    Bruce, Jun 22, 2010

  3. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Jun 22, 5:55 am, Bruce <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 16:56:56 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >All those poor little Olympus users on the Dpreview micro 4/3rds
    > >forum, praying Olympus had something to match Panasonic, are now
    > >disappointed.  You can't make a frigging lens cost 1/2 the price (as
    > >Sony recently found out) and have it perform as well.

    > >http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/review/special/20100621_374564.html

    > What information on that page leads you to conclude that the Zuiko
    > lens is a poor performer?

    Optically, nothing. But the purpose of the lens should be two-fold,
    like the Panasonic, stills and video. Unless Olympus has a video lens
    in the pipe they haven't announced, which I believe is not happening.
    RichA, Jun 23, 2010
  4. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 17:25:24 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    wrote:

    >On Jun 22, 5:55 am, Bruce <> wrote:
    >> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 16:56:56 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >All those poor little Olympus users on the Dpreview micro 4/3rds
    >> >forum, praying Olympus had something to match Panasonic, are now
    >> >disappointed.  You can't make a frigging lens cost 1/2 the price (as
    >> >Sony recently found out) and have it perform as well.

    >> >http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/review/special/20100621_374564.html

    >> What information on that page leads you to conclude that the Zuiko
    >> lens is a poor performer?

    >Optically, nothing. But the purpose of the lens should be two-fold,
    >like the Panasonic, stills and video. Unless Olympus has a video lens
    >in the pipe they haven't announced, which I believe is not happening.

    But the page you linked to has videos that were shot with this lens.
    Bruce, Jun 23, 2010