Olympus FE-190 or Cannon Powershot SD600

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by aclif@pacbell.net, Sep 10, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I'm in a quandary as to what new digital camera to purchase. I'm
    leaning towards the Olympus FE-190 but I hear that the Canon Powershot
    SD600 has better quality images. the Olympus FE-190 is a new model that
    just came out in late August so there are not very many user reviews
    that I can find on it on the web. The Olympus camera has the right
    price. I found it at buydig.com for $179+free S/H. The Canon camera is
    about $249+free S/H. The Olympus camera has image sabilization but the
    Canon camera does not. You can probably quess that I'm a newbie to
    digtial cameras and photography. They both are 6 megapixel cameras with
    2.5" LCD veiwers and 3x optical zoom. the canon camera has a ISO of
    800. The olympus camera has a auto ISO of 1000 Here are the specs

    Olympus FE-190

    http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1262&fl=4

    Canon Powershot SD600
    http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelTechSpecsAct&fcategoryid=145&modelid=12913

    Let me know your opinions and recomendations.

    thanks

    , Sep 10, 2006

  2. g n p Guest

    www.dcviews.com/cameras

    g n p, Sep 10, 2006

  3. Roy G Guest

    "g n p" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I'm in a quandary as to what new digital camera to purchase. I'm
    >> leaning towards the Olympus FE-190 but I hear that the Canon Powershot
    >> SD600 has better quality images. the Olympus FE-190 is a new model that
    >> just came out in late August so there are not very many user reviews
    >> that I can find on it on the web. The Olympus camera has the right
    >> price. I found it at buydig.com for $179+free S/H. The Canon camera is
    >> about $249+free S/H. The Olympus camera has image sabilization but the
    >> Canon camera does not. You can probably quess that I'm a newbie to
    >> digtial cameras and photography. They both are 6 megapixel cameras with
    >> 2.5" LCD veiwers and 3x optical zoom. the canon camera has a ISO of
    >> 800. The olympus camera has a auto ISO of 1000 Here are the specs
    >>
    >> Olympus FE-190
    >>
    >> http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1262&fl=4
    >>
    >> Canon Powershot SD600
    >> http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelTechSpecsAct&fcategoryid=145&modelid=12913
    >>
    >> Let me know your opinions and recomendations.
    >>
    >> thanks

    > www.dcviews.com/cameras

    The Olympus does NOT have Image Stabilization or Vibration Reduction.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Sep 11, 2006
  4. Coolbreeze Guest

    Roy G wrote:
    > "g n p" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> I'm in a quandary as to what new digital camera to purchase. I'm
    > >> leaning towards the Olympus FE-190 but I hear that the Canon Powershot
    > >> SD600 has better quality images. the Olympus FE-190 is a new model that
    > >> just came out in late August so there are not very many user reviews
    > >> that I can find on it on the web. The Olympus camera has the right
    > >> price. I found it at buydig.com for $179+free S/H. The Canon camera is
    > >> about $249+free S/H. The Olympus camera has image sabilization but the
    > >> Canon camera does not. You can probably quess that I'm a newbie to
    > >> digtial cameras and photography. They both are 6 megapixel cameras with
    > >> 2.5" LCD veiwers and 3x optical zoom. the canon camera has a ISO of
    > >> 800. The olympus camera has a auto ISO of 1000 Here are the specs
    > >>
    > >> Olympus FE-190
    > >>
    > >> http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1262&fl=4
    > >>
    > >> Canon Powershot SD600
    > >> http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelTechSpecsAct&fcategoryid=145&modelid=12913
    > >>
    > >> Let me know your opinions and recomendations.
    > >>
    > >> thanks

    > > www.dcviews.com/cameras

    > The Olympus does NOT have Image Stabilization or Vibration Reduction.
    >
    > Roy G

    Olympus web site
    http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1262&fl=2
    says that it does have digital image stabilization.

    Coolbreeze, Sep 11, 2006
  5. dirk

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    DUDES..

    believe me the Fe 190 HAS a stablisation method it is Digital and is called DIS on the mode dial a shaking hand symbol handy when there is low light

    oops old thread

    dirk, Nov 5, 2010