    figure out how!

    Thanks for any feedback either way.

    , Jul 3, 2007

  2. John Bean Guest

    On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 12:02:27 -0700,
    wrote:

    >Stupid question of the day....can you frame the shot with the LCD, ie
    >use it as the viewfinder? I would think it's possible but I can't
    >figure out how!

    You can't, so it's not your fault :)

    Why dou you think it should be possible? A handful of SLRs
    can do this but the vast majority can't, and than includes
    your E-500 I'm afraid.

    --
    John Bean

    John Bean, Jul 3, 2007

  3. Ray Macey Guest

    On Jul 4, 5:02 am, wrote:
    > Stupid question of the day....can you frame the shot with the LCD, ie
    > use it as the viewfinder? I would think it's possible but I can't
    > figure out how!

    Nearly every Olympus dSLR /after/ the E-500 has this feature, but the
    older ones, the E-300, the E-1 and the E-500 don't. The good news is
    that if you've got some lenses on the Olympus E system, they'll be
    fully compatible with all of the newer Olympus dSLRs which do have
    live preview on the LCD

    Ray

    Ray Macey, Jul 4, 2007