    It has beem widely assumed that the introduction of the E300 would be
    followed by an E2. Anyone heard any rumours?

    Ken

    Ken Birks, Jan 17, 2005

  2. Ken Birks

    Basic Wedge Guest

    "Ken Birks" wrote ...
    > It has beem widely assumed that the introduction of the E300 would be
    > followed by an E2. Anyone heard any rumours?

    Surprisingly, no. It's assumed that a replacement must be in the works, and
    it's hoped something will be announced at the PMA show in late February. My
    local dealer, feels it's unlikely a new model will reach the market before
    fall 2005. Personally, I hope the timeline is much shorter.

    Rob

    Basic Wedge, Jan 17, 2005

  3. Ken Birks

    Canongirly Guest

    Assumption...the mother of all f**k ups

    Canongirly, Jan 17, 2005
  4. Ken Birks

    Lourens Smak Guest

    In article <>,
    Ken Birks <> wrote:

    > It has beem widely assumed that the introduction of the E300 would be
    > followed by an E2. Anyone heard any rumours?

    Olympus has only shown the lens roadmap for 2005 (it's on the E1 site
    somewhere) and according to that big things will happen on the 4/3 lens
    front in 2005... This fact, coupled to the lowered price of the E1,
    seems to promise the E1 successor soon. I heard they were going to
    unveil it at the PMA (?) in the US in march... Don't know specs but it
    is supposed to be over 10MP, and be called the E3 for some reason.
    Time will tell...

    Lourens

    Lourens Smak, Jan 18, 2005
  5. Ken Birks

    Ken Birks Guest

    Thanks for that Lourens. Sounds good. This week's Amateur Photographer
    (UK) is anticipating something next month (passing comment in review
    of the E300)
    Ken

    Ken Birks, Jan 19, 2005