    --
    Martin
    http://www.btinternet.com/~mcsalty
    Martin Francis, Jul 13, 2003

  2. Martin Francis

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <bes457$64d$>,
    says...
    > Almost 100% sure i'm buying an E10 now. Quick question, though; is it
    > possible to use the Li-Po battery grip without actually using the Li-Po
    > battery? I'd like to use standard AA rechargables, but i'm also keen on
    > using the vertical shutter release. Is it a) possible, and b)
    > straightforward?

    No, it is not possible. The Lipo grip gets inserted into the battery
    compartment of the camera so with the Lipo in place, there is nowhere to
    put AAs.

    IMHO, the Lipo is overrated and overpriced. I returned mine.

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker
    Todd Walker, Jul 13, 2003

  3. Martin Francis

    mcgyverjones Guest

    "Martin Francis" <> wrote in message
    > Almost 100% sure i'm buying an E10 now. Quick question, though; is it
    > possible to use the Li-Po battery grip without actually using the Li-Po
    > battery? I'd like to use standard AA rechargables, but i'm also keen on
    > using the vertical shutter release. Is it a) possible, and b)
    > straightforward?
    >
    > --
    > Martin
    > http://www.btinternet.com/~mcsalty

    a)No b) see (a)
    With that out of the way, I have found that the vertical release is the last
    reason to get the grip. I find the vertical grip awkward and usually just do
    it the old fashioned way with the arm over the head or releasing with the
    thumb.
    The grip does give good heft, better for longish exposures and bad for
    carrying all day. It is great if you have big hands, and you can go all day
    with no battery hassles.
    And it looks cool - but it is expensive!

    MJ
    mcgyverjones, Jul 14, 2003