    provides (which I have not installed yet) or PS-CS with its built in
    converter?
    Thanks for any opinions.

    Steven Wandy, Dec 25, 2003

  2. Steven Wandy

    DJC737 Guest

    Not sure what Oly Raw converter is like but I use the Adobe over the Canon
    version and even over BreezeBrouser if I know I am heading for PS anyway. It
    eliminates an extra step or 2 of converting then reloading the image. If I
    am mass converting to Jpeg for family pictures for the web or for just
    brousing my raw files I use BreeseBrouser.

    DJC737, Dec 26, 2003

  3. "Steven Wandy" <> wrote in message
    > For those who have used both methods, I have very little experience using
    > RAW format (generally JPEG, ocassionally TIFF).
    > Just got the E1 (to replace an E10).
    > Which gives better results for RAW conversion - the software that Olympus
    > provides (which I have not installed yet) or PS-CS with its built in
    > converter?
    > Thanks for any opinions.

    Well, I can't give you a valuable answer. Why don't you try the Olympus-SLR
    forum at www.dpreview.com? Plenty of Oly RAW experts there.

    Cheers,
    Hans

    Hans H. Siegrist, Dec 26, 2003