    Patrick L. Guest

    What is the difference between Canon E-TTL flash and TTL flash on my E-10?

    Patrick
    Patrick L., Aug 19, 2003

  2. Patrick L.

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <>, greg54
    @operamail.com says...
    > I believe Canon's E-TTL System shoots a preflash right before the main
    > flash to set exposure. With a TTL System, the exposure is set by a
    > sensor mounted in the camera.
    >
    > Greg

    The Olympus does the same thing. TTL doesn't have anything to do with
    the location of the exposure sensor. If a flash is TTL, it just means
    that it gets its exposure information/instructions from the camera.

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker
    Todd Walker, Aug 19, 2003

  3. Patrick L.

    Patrick L. Guest

    Ender W. <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 04:51:05 GMT, Todd Walker <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >In article <amh0b.734$>,
    > > says...
    > >> What is the difference between Canon E-TTL flash and TTL flash on my

    E-10?

    > >> Patrick

    > >Nothing really. They accomplish the same thing -- having the camera and
    > >flash communicate with one another to make your shot come out right.
    > >Canon just calls theirs "E-TTL."

    > I believe Canon's E-TTL System shoots a preflash right before the main
    > flash to set exposure. With a TTL System, the exposure is set by a
    > sensor mounted in the camera.
    >
    > Greg

    The Olympus E-10 TTL has a preflash, no doubt about that, which goes back
    to my original question, which was not about general TTL, but the
    comparison of Canon's vs Olympus's TTL systems.

    Patrick.
    Patrick L., Aug 20, 2003
  4. Patrick L.

    Dallas D Guest

    Probably several million dollars worth of R&D.

    --
    "I smile mostly everywhere. Well, there's some people might disagree. But
    hey, I'm playin' with the Stones, man. You know, I mean why shouldn't I

    www.imageunlimited.co.za
    ..

    Dallas D, Aug 22, 2003