    LoboMike

    "If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin'
    somebody else's dog around." Texas Bix Bender
    LoboMike, Oct 16, 2003

  2. LoboMike

    Charlie Self Guest

    LoboMike asks:

    >Dumb question: are these rechargeable (I assume so)? If so how do you do it?
    >I couldn't find anything in the manual.

    No, they are not rechargeables.

    Charlie Self

    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know
    for sure that just ain't so."
    Mark Twain
    Charlie Self, Oct 16, 2003

  3. LoboMike

    Markyt Guest

    No, these are not rechargeable. They have a very long shelf live and high
    capacity but they cannot be recharged. I keep a set in my E-20n bag for
    emergency use only just in case I exhaust my two sets of nickel-hydrides (or
    if they're not charged).

    Mark

    Markyt, Oct 16, 2003
  4. LoboMike

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <LNvjb.58491$>,
    says...
    > Dumb question: are these rechargeable (I assume so)? If so how do you do it?
    > I couldn't find anything in the manual.
    >
    > TIA

    What lithium batteries are you talking about? The ones that come with
    the camera? If so then no they are not. If you are talking about the
    lithium ion batteries that are used with the accessory grip then of
    course they are.

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker
    Todd Walker, Oct 16, 2003
  5. LoboMike

    LoboMike Guest

    Thanx, now for another dumb one; when using the external AC adapter do you
    need to empty the battery compartment?

    Same for using a DPS9000?

    Thanx again and yes I was speaking of the Olympus lithium batteries.

    TIA

    LoboMike, Oct 16, 2003
  6. LoboMike

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <59yjb.58599$>,
    says...
    > Thanx, now for another dumb one; when using the external AC adapter do you
    > need to empty the battery compartment?

    No.

    > Same for using a DPS9000?

    The DPS9000 plugs into the same plug as the AC adapter so yes you have
    to disconnect it when using AC power.

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker
    Todd Walker, Oct 16, 2003
  7. LoboMike

    Patrick L. Guest

    "LoboMike" <> wrote in message
    > Thanx, now for another dumb one; when using the external AC adapter do you
    > need to empty the battery compartment?
    >
    > Same for using a DPS9000?

    I don't know about the AC adapter, but I do remove the AAs when I use the
    DPS9000. However, Since I can get over 500 images on two sets of NIMHs,
    I rarely have to get out the DPS9000. But I did have to use it on one
    particular very long wedding. I use it as back up, and I don't like using
    is since I put my flash unit on a stroboframe bracket, and that frame, with
    the DPS9000, is very awkward.

    Patrick
    Patrick L., Oct 18, 2003