    shooting some pix.

    Any ideas as to what makes this happen? Condition is present whether using
    internal mem or xd 512 Oly card.

    Michael Monk, Aug 15, 2006

  2. Michael Monk wrote:
    > When camera is powered on, and aimed at something, NO image shows on
    > the monitor.
    >
    > Also, in playback mode, no picture image shows on monitor after
    > supposedly shooting some pix.
    >
    > Any ideas as to what makes this happen? Condition is present whether
    > using internal mem or xd 512 Oly card.

    Remove the lens cap.

    Dennis Pogson, Aug 16, 2006

  3. Michael Monk

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Michael Monk wrote:

    > When camera is powered on, and aimed at something, NO image shows on the
    > monitor.
    >
    > Also, in playback mode, no picture image shows on monitor after supposedly
    > shooting some pix.
    >
    > Any ideas as to what makes this happen? Condition is present whether using
    > internal mem or xd 512 Oly card.

    I am wondering if you have switched the monitor off... I downloaded
    the manual from olympus and it says

    ยจ In shooting mode, press Z to display the top menu, and press c. The
    monitor
    turns off. Repeat the steps to turn the monitor on.

    These instructions may have had an image where the Z and c is, I can't
    recall, but if you have the manual handy check it out.

    --
    Paul (Neurotic to the bone No doubt about it)
    Stop and Look

    Paul Heslop, Aug 16, 2006