    Norm Guest

    Has anyone with a D-510 tried using a 128mb smartmedia card. Good deal on
    them at Best Buy in the Sunday ad, $29.99 after rebate.
    Norm, Aug 25, 2003

  2. "Norm" <> writes:

    > Has anyone with a D-510 tried using a 128mb smartmedia card. Good deal on
    > them at Best Buy in the Sunday ad, $29.99 after rebate.

    Yes, 128 megabyte SM cards work fine in the D510Z.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:
    Michael Meissner, Aug 26, 2003

  3. "Norm" <> writes:

    > Has anyone with a D-510 tried using a 128mb smartmedia card. Good deal on
    > them at Best Buy in the Sunday ad, $29.99 after rebate.

    Newegg.com sells 128 megabyte cards for $23.00 with $5.00 shipping and
    handling, and you don't have to pay extra and hope someday your rebate check
    will come in. It looks like it isn't in stock at the moment however.

    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...e=0&propertycode=&propertycodevalue=4353,2971

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:
    Michael Meissner, Aug 26, 2003
  4. Norm

    Norm Guest

    Michael, thanks for the info. My manual that came with the camera showed
    64mb as the largest card but since posting I check the Olympus website and
    the online manual shows the 128, go figure. I like buying from Newegg, will
    see what they got.

    Norm, Aug 27, 2003
  5. "Norm" <> writes:

    > Michael, thanks for the info. My manual that came with the camera showed
    > 64mb as the largest card but since posting I check the Olympus website and
    > the online manual shows the 128, go figure. I like buying from Newegg, will
    > see what they got.

    When the D-510Z was released, the 64 megabyte cards were the highest capacity
    cards that were available at the time. Olympus didn't go back and update the
    manual when the 128 megabyte cards came out.

    I will note that the one card I bought from newegg (PNY 128 megabyte) is the
    one that constantly gives me problems on the C-2100UZ (which I use nowadays).
    The card itself works, but gets into a state where it takes 10+ seconds for the
    camera to write to it (which is a drag when I use continous or bracket modes).
    If I reformat the card, the writes are much faster, but every so often it gets
    back into that state. However since there are (or were) only 2 factories in
    the world that make SM cards, it may have been a bad batch.

    Also, if you use the Panorama function in the D-510Z, you need to use the more
    expensive Olympus branded cards (or hack the card's header).

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:
    Michael Meissner, Aug 27, 2003