olympus d-490z problems, lens in and out

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by cdcutlip@gmail.com, Mar 15, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I bought the olympus D-490z in oct 2000 from best buy. I also bought
    the 4 year extended warranty. Of course, 5 months after the warranty
    ended, i have my first problem.

    This camera has been great for me. I have been very pleased with my
    purchase.

    When i turn the camera on, the lens cycles on, and off, opening and
    closing. I have changed the batteries and changed the card, both with
    no effect. I am able to review the card in playback mode and "format"
    the card, so that i see "no pictures" when in playback mode. Yet, i
    can take no pictures and can't get the camera to stay on while in
    "photo" mode.

    Anyone have any suggestions or possible repair options for me? I
    clearly don't want to spend a lot of money, but would entertain the
    idea if the price were right.

    Please respond back with any information you can share that may be of
    interest to me.

    Thanks.

    Chris

    , Mar 15, 2005