Olympus D-340R question

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jonathan, Nov 22, 2003.

  1. Jonathan

    Jonathan Guest

    I just bought the above camera used, without realizing that it was not
    set for USB.

    I have a Mac G3-350 with system 9.2.2, and it will not accept the 9 pin
    serial connector that the camera uses for Windows, and the 5 pin old
    style modem connection of the older PowerMacs.

    It came with a disk for "Olympus Utility" not clear what version, and I
    have an installed copy of Camedia 2.5, neither of which will recognize
    the camera when it is hooked up with the 9 pin to USB adapter.

    Can anyone tell me if there is a existing work around for this problem?

    I would appreciate any help. I bought this because I need to show picts
    of stuff on ebay I need to sell cause I am out of work.

    Thanks,

    Jonathan

    Jonathan, Nov 22, 2003

  2. Jonathan

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Hi...

    Realizing that you're temporarily out of work and so probably
    watching your cash...

    If you can find another few bucks you'll be miles further
    ahead buying a card reader - even a used one if you can
    try it out. Serial is slooooow. Even at 115k a 3.6 meg
    picture takes about 6 min to transfer. And serial is
    picky and finicky. :(

    If that's out of the question, I've had several Olympus
    cameras, each of which came with a Mac adapter. They're
    all still sitting here. I know nothing about Mac's;
    but if you write me I'll be happy to send you picture(s)
    of one. Then, if it's what you need I'll be happy to
    mail it to you... free... if you really insist you
    can repay the postage *when* you find another job and get
    back firmly on your feet.

    Take care.
    Ken (in canada, btw)

    Ken Weitzel, Nov 22, 2003

  3. Jonathan

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > Can anyone tell me if there is a existing work around for this problem?

    Buy a USB card reader. About $15-20 and you're set.

    --
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Nov 22, 2003