    Many thanks!

    Frank Kyne
    Poughkeepsie NY

    Frank Kyne, Jul 25, 2003

  2. Frank Kyne

    Silvio Dante Guest

    (Frank Kyne) staggered into the Bada Bing and slurred:

    >Hello,
    > I wonder if anyone can help me please? We are on vacation at the
    >moment, so we don't have the manual for my daughter's Olympus Camedia
    >D-100. The problem is that the camera won't power on. When you open
    >the lens cover, absolutely nothing happens, it's as if there were no
    >batteries in it. I have tried numerous batteries with exactly the
    >same result. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    > Many thanks!

    If you checked the basics (dead batteries, backwards batteries, memory card
    inserted incorrectly) the camera may have gotten wet in which case it may
    come back to life if you remove the batteries and leave it alone long
    enough to dry out.

    I got an Olympus D490Z a little wet once in the rain... it died. I set in
    on top of a warm oven for about 6 hours and then it was fine.

    A friend of mine dropped a digital camera in a river... totally soaked.
    It slowly regained some functions over the course of a few days
    and then worked fine. However, I think that very few digital cameras would
    recover from total immersion.

    If the camera didn't suffer water damage then it probably needs to be taken
    apart by a professional camera repair shop or the factory.

    "She's so fat, her blood type is Ragu."

    Silvio Dante, Jul 25, 2003

  3. Frank Kyne

    John O. Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hello,
    > I wonder if anyone can help me please? We are on vacation at the
    > moment, so we don't have the manual for my daughter's Olympus Camedia
    > D-100. The problem is that the camera won't power on. When you open
    > the lens cover, absolutely nothing happens, it's as if there were no
    > batteries in it. I have tried numerous batteries with exactly the
    > same result. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    > Many thanks!
    >
    > Frank Kyne
    > Poughkeepsie NY

    Not having power is a fairly basic problem. Sounds as if you've done all
    you can. I mean, what else can the average person do?? Checked the
    batteries..... turned the thing on and off.... nothing?? Well, then it
    is probably broken.
    --
    John O.
    There is no slack in light attack.