    in its class ( Olympus preferably but any manufacturer will do ) ?

    --
    Peter
    veritas, Oct 30, 2006

  2. veritas

    gpsman Guest

    veritas wrote:
    > I have read that the Olympus CAMEDIA C5500 is very good value for money for
    > a compact .
    >
    > Is the ranking by comsumerreports.org I provided in the link by Yahoo still
    > currently valid or is it dated ?Is this camera still in production ? And
    > lastly what is its "rightful successor" in terms of function and $$$ value
    > in its class ( Olympus preferably but any manufacturer will do ) ?

    This review is from 10/26/02... and remains "applicable", if not
    "current", since nothing about digital photography can advance beyond
    ones and zeros. http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_reviews/c5050.html

    These dumbasses may disagree http://www.olympus-global.com/en/global/
    but what the hell can they do except rearrange the ones and zeros...?
    -----

    - gpsman
    gpsman, Oct 30, 2006