    able to buy this scrren as a spare part?

    Thank you in advance

    please remove the NOSPAM before replying.

    Bob Airey, Feb 8, 2005

  2. Bob Airey

    Ken Oaf Guest

    On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 20:45:38 +0100, "Bob Airey" <> wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > I bought this camera second hand with a cracked LCD screen. I can use the
    > EVF but would like to replace the screen. Does anybody know where I may be
    > able to buy this scrren as a spare part?

    At a guess I would say Olympus would be a good place to start looking.

    Expect to pay over $100 for the part.

    Ken Oaf, Feb 8, 2005

  3. In article <420916dc$0$540$>, says...
    > Hello
    >
    > I bought this camera second hand with a cracked LCD screen. I can use the
    > EVF but would like to replace the screen. Does anybody know where I may be
    > able to buy this scrren as a spare part?
    >
    > Thank you in advance

    There's a big chance that the repair would cost you more then you paid for
    the cam.

    --
    Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.
    -- Elbert Hubbard

    Dalibor Bauernfrajnd, Feb 9, 2005
  4. Bob Airey

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Dalibor Bauernfrajnd wrote:
    > In article <420916dc$0$540$>, says...
    >
    >>Hello
    >>
    >>I bought this camera second hand with a cracked LCD screen. I can use the
    >>EVF but would like to replace the screen. Does anybody know where I may be
    >>able to buy this scrren as a spare part?
    >>
    >>Thank you in advance
    >>

    > There's a big chance that the repair would cost you more then you paid for
    > the cam.

    Hi...

    I suspect that will turn out to be the case, so it
    might be worth the time to search for an "as-is" broken
    camera on ebay. Perhaps pick one that's not worth repair
    cheaply.

    Just be sure to ask the seller a question first; making sure
    that it's some part other than the lcd that's broken.

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Feb 9, 2005