Olympus C700 - Thanks & some photos (0/3)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Fred, Jan 4, 2005.

  1. Fred

    Fred Guest

    To all my buddies who helped me fix this camera at the low, low, low cost of
    an AC adapter and several months of my endless postings.... thanks very
    much!!! After a couple of intermittent starts/stops, the camera is
    puttering along just like new again

    No way of knowing for sure, but looks like plugging and unplugging the AC
    adapter into the camera a few times loosened up a switch or cleaned a
    contact or something. I never did need to take it apart. (Dang!! I wuz
    looking forward to that, too!)

    I took a few photos tonight and will post them at
    alt.binaries.photos.original under this subject title. Bear in mind that
    these are just mediocre photos - nothing special. Just showing what the
    camera can do in a low light situation .... once it's in working order.
    Will take some "real" photos outdoors one day soon and post.

    1/3 - Kitchen, no zoom used, used existing light (night time) and no flash
    2/3 - Maximum zoom on the potatoes from same point (10x optical), used flash
    3/3 - Maximum zoom on the potatoes from same point (10x optical + 2.7x
    digital), used flash

    Fred
    Fred, Jan 4, 2005

  2. Fred

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Fred wrote:
    > To all my buddies who helped me fix this camera at the low, low, low cost of
    > an AC adapter and several months of my endless postings.... thanks very
    > much!!! After a couple of intermittent starts/stops, the camera is
    > puttering along just like new again
    >
    > No way of knowing for sure, but looks like plugging and unplugging the AC
    > adapter into the camera a few times loosened up a switch or cleaned a
    > contact or something. I never did need to take it apart. (Dang!! I wuz
    > looking forward to that, too!)
    >
    > I took a few photos tonight and will post them at
    > alt.binaries.photos.original under this subject title. Bear in mind that
    > these are just mediocre photos - nothing special. Just showing what the
    > camera can do in a low light situation .... once it's in working order.
    > Will take some "real" photos outdoors one day soon and post.
    >
    > 1/3 - Kitchen, no zoom used, used existing light (night time) and no flash
    > 2/3 - Maximum zoom on the potatoes from same point (10x optical), used flash
    > 3/3 - Maximum zoom on the potatoes from same point (10x optical + 2.7x
    > digital), used flash
    >
    > Fred

    Good show... glad to hear it.

    Cleaned a contact, by the way. The switch is open with
    the plug installed, and closed when it's removed.
    Did you not get the pics I sent you showing how it
    works? If not, better check your e-mail :)

    Take care.

    Ken
    Ken Weitzel, Jan 4, 2005

  3. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Got 'em, Ken. Sorry for the delayed thanks! Excellent photo showing that
    switch. Why don't you post it!

    Fred

    Fred, Jan 4, 2005
  4. Fred

    Gymy Bob Guest

    this is not a binary group and most newsservers will not pass the
    attachments.

    Gymy Bob, Jan 5, 2005
  5. Fred

    Fred Guest

    That's right... I forgot to say "don't post binaries to a non-binary
    group". I used alt.binaries.photos.original.

    Fred, Jan 5, 2005