    I'm wondering if it needs an external flash, but that seems excessive
    for everyday photos.

    Any suggestions?
    Russ, Feb 6, 2004

  2. Russ

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    "Russ" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've recently purchased a Olympus C5060 and it takes for the most part
    > some very dark pictures. I've tried in tweak the flash but then the
    > image gets washed out.
    >
    > I'm wondering if it needs an external flash, but that seems excessive
    > for everyday photos.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Read the instruction book.

    You've got something set wrong.
    Dan Sullivan, Feb 6, 2004

  3. Russ

    gr Guest

    "Russ" <> wrote
    > I've recently purchased a Olympus C5060 and it takes for the most part
    > some very dark pictures. I've tried in tweak the flash but then the
    > image gets washed out.
    >
    > I'm wondering if it needs an external flash, but that seems excessive
    > for everyday photos.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Take off the lens cap.
    gr, Feb 6, 2004
  4. Russ

    jpc Guest

    On 5 Feb 2004 16:52:33 -0800, (Russ) wrote:

    >I've recently purchased a Olympus C5060 and it takes for the most part
    >some very dark pictures. I've tried in tweak the flash but then the
    >image gets washed out.
    >
    >I'm wondering if it needs an external flash, but that seems excessive
    >for everyday photos.
    >
    >Any suggestions?

    Check that you don't have your exposure compensation set to anythijng
    but zero.

    jpc
    jpc, Feb 6, 2004
  5. Russ

    . Guest

    <jpc> wrote in message news:...
    > On 5 Feb 2004 16:52:33 -0800, (Russ) wrote:
    >
    > >I've recently purchased a Olympus C5060 and it takes for the most part
    > >some very dark pictures. I've tried in tweak the flash but then the
    > >image gets washed out.
    > >
    > >I'm wondering if it needs an external flash, but that seems excessive
    > >for everyday photos.
    > >
    > >Any suggestions?

    > Check that you don't have your exposure compensation set to anythijng
    > but zero.
    >
    > jpc

    The first one is the best read the book. The most missunderstood item in
    photography.
    ., Feb 6, 2004