    In advance, thanks. Please post to my e-mail address if you
    are more comfortable with that.

    M.W. Poirier

    M.W. Poirier, Jul 30, 2003

  2. "daytripper" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On 29 Jul 2003 19:25 EDT, (M.W. Poirier) wrote:
    >
    > > I recently purchased an Olympus C5050Zoom Digital Camera and
    > > I have two simple question:
    > >
    > > 1. Is it a good idea to drain exhausted Ni-MH batteries prior to
    > > recharging?

    > Absolutely not necessary, and in fact, unwise.
    >
    > > 2. Is an AC Adapter included with the initial purchase of an
    > > Olympus 5040Zoom Digital Camera? If it is, then I did not
    > > receive it.

    > It was never included with any other Camedia model (from the c2000z through
    > the 4040z) and it's highly unlikely they include it with the c5050z.

    Damned, I got one with my C-5050Z. Did not know that I was not to get the
    charger and four chargeable NIMH batteries. I guess to conform to daytrippers
    advise I should toss them out.

    WinkenBlinken& Nod, Jul 30, 2003

  3. I guess the charger I received with my C-5050Z and the 4-NIMH batteries were a
    figment of my imagination.

    Ed

    WinkenBlinken& Nod, Jul 30, 2003
  4. M.W. Poirier

    daytripper Guest

    You already made a fool of yourself once - wasn't that enough?

    Read this again: "Is an AC Adapter included with the initial purchase of an
    Olympus 5040Zoom Digital Camera? If it is, then I did not receive it."

    He said "AC ADAPTER", not "CHARGER", ya nitwit....

    /daytripper (hth ;-)

    daytripper, Jul 30, 2003
  5. No problem recharging NiMh batteries that aren't all used up. You can top
    them off at any time. There's a fair amount of mythology regarding how best
    to take care of them, but the truth is that they're now so darned cheap that
    it doesn't really matter if you only get 300 charges instead of 900.

    No AC adapter comes with the 5050, but it does come with a charger and 4
    1800mah NiMh batteries. There really isn't a need for an adapter, as the
    5050 is quite miserly so battery life is exceptional. If you want an AC
    adapter for use when transfering images to your computer, an even better
    alternative is to get a card reader... you'll transfer them much more
    quickly.

    PS: I assume you meant 5050, not 5040.

    --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
    http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

    Mike Jacoubowsky, Jul 30, 2003
  6. M.W. Poirier

    M.W. Poirier Guest

    I think that you may be speaking about different things here. The
    question was about AC Adapters, and the original response was also
    about AC Adapters, ...not chargers. I too received a charger and
    4 Ni-MH batteries, ...but no AC Adapter.

    M.W. Poirier

    ----
    In article <V%EVa.79924$>, "WinkenBlinken& Nod" <> writes...

    M.W. Poirier, Jul 30, 2003
  7. M.W. Poirier

    Guest

    On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 03:30:11 GMT, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
    <> wrote:

    >No problem recharging NiMh batteries that aren't all used up. You can top
    >them off at any time. There's a fair amount of mythology regarding how best
    >to take care of them, but the truth is that they're now so darned cheap that
    >it doesn't really matter if you only get 300 charges instead of 900.
    >
    >No AC adapter comes with the 5050, but it does come with a charger and 4
    >1800mah NiMh batteries. There really isn't a need for an adapter, as the
    >5050 is quite miserly so battery life is exceptional. If you want an AC
    >adapter for use when transfering images to your computer, an even better
    >alternative is to get a card reader... you'll transfer them much more
    >quickly.
    >
    >PS: I assume you meant 5050, not 5040.

    I got the batteries, charger and ac adapter with my
    5050.............From best buy.

    itieu

    >--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
    >http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com
    >

    >"M.W. Poirier" <> wrote in message
    >> I recently purchased an Olympus C5050Zoom Digital Camera and
    >> I have two simple question:
    >>
    >> 1. Is it a good idea to drain exhausted Ni-MH batteries prior to
    >> recharging?
    >>
    >> 2. Is an AC Adapter included with the initial purchase of an
    >> Olympus 5040Zoom Digital Camera? If it is, then I did not
    >> receive it.
    >>
    >> In advance, thanks. Please post to my e-mail address if you
    >> are more comfortable with that.
    >>
    >> M.W. Poirier

    , Jul 30, 2003
  8. M.W. Poirier

    Jimmy Guest

    "M.W. Poirier" <> wrote in message
    > I recently purchased an Olympus C5050Zoom Digital Camera and
    > I have two simple question:
    >
    > 1. Is it a good idea to drain exhausted Ni-MH batteries prior to
    > recharging?
    >
    > 2. Is an AC Adapter included with the initial purchase of an
    > Olympus 5040Zoom Digital Camera? If it is, then I did not
    > receive it.
    >
    > In advance, thanks. Please post to my e-mail address if you
    > are more comfortable with that.
    >
    > M.W. Poirier

    1. You do not need to condition NiMH batteries.
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?N1B715475
    2. There is no AC adapter in the factory packaging. Please take a look here:
    http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/c5050_pocket.pdf

    Jimmy, Aug 1, 2003
  9. On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 05:53:51 -0500, wrote:
    > I got the batteries, charger and ac adapter with my
    >5050.............From best buy.

    I also bought my C5050 camera from Best Buy and received the charger
    and four batteries, a audio video output cable, a USB cable, but NO AC
    adaptor. I bought my AC adaptor seperately for studio shoots where I
    connect the camera's video output to a large monitor so the client can
    see what I'm shooting.

    Burnin' Celts, Sep 2, 2003