    has enough for my needs.

    Any thoughts?

    Wingman
    Wingman, Oct 3, 2003

  2. Wingman

    Tom Guest

    I just bought the camera in St.Thomas USVI and I'm thinking it would
    have been safer to buy it on the Mainland. For a lousy $60 I'm risking
    a warranty nightmare. It's a good camera and I have had no problems
    with it. Pictures come out good and it's easy to use. However I'm kind
    of sorry I didn't get the Canon. All the sites I've gone to said the
    Canon is better. I read somewhere that the C50 can't take a memory
    card that is 256mb or higher. I'd like someone to verify that for
    me?!?!

    Tom, Oct 6, 2003

  3. (Tom) wrote in

    > I just bought the camera in St.Thomas USVI and I'm thinking it would
    > have been safer to buy it on the Mainland. For a lousy $60 I'm risking
    > a warranty nightmare. It's a good camera and I have had no problems
    > with it. Pictures come out good and it's easy to use. However I'm kind
    > of sorry I didn't get the Canon. All the sites I've gone to said the
    > Canon is better. I read somewhere that the C50 can't take a memory
    > card that is 256mb or higher. I'd like someone to verify that for
    > me?!?!

    It can take up to and including a 256 mb card. It may require an upgrade to
    take a 512 mb card.

    http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/popup_xd.asp

    Maybe the more recently sold c50s already have the firmware upgraded. I
    couldn't say.
    Constantinople, Oct 7, 2003