    Joe Guest

    I just bought a new digital camera, a Olympus C50 5.0 mg. My question is what resize do I set the pictures at while sending email. I tried to send some to my other family members and they all responded "pictures to big could not receive or get." I have Microsoft Picture it 7.0, and Camedia Master Pro 4.0, as well as ACDsee. Is there some other program I should be using? Or is there a program already in Windows 98 SE that will do this for me? Thank you.

    Joe.
    Joe, Sep 4, 2003

  2. Joe

    Norm Guest

    Irfanview comes to mind and it's free at irfanview.com.

    Norm, Sep 4, 2003

  3. In article <mdy5b.26061$S_.24462@fed1read01>,
    "Joe" <> wrote:

    > I just bought a new digital camera, a Olympus C50 5.0 mg. My question is what
    > resize do I set the pictures at while sending email. I tried to send some to
    > my other family members and they all responded "pictures to big could not
    > receive or get." I have Microsoft Picture it 7.0, and Camedia Master Pro 4.0,
    > as well as ACDsee. Is there some other program I should be using? Or is there
    > a program already in Windows 98 SE that will do this for me? Thank you.
    >
    > Joe.

    Play with different dimensions and JPEG compression levels. E-mail is
    very inefficient for large messages so try to keep it under 100KB. Even
    that might still make some complaints. A web page is a better place for
    large images. E-mail the URL.

    Like this:
    http://www.pixelmemory.us/Photos/Nerd/Propane/15.jpg
    Kevin McMurtrie, Sep 4, 2003
  4. I use Paintshop Pro to resize pictures for emailing. Any photo editing program will do that. Should be around 600x400, or even smaller. Save under different name to preserve original.

    Burnell Stover, Sep 4, 2003
  5. Joe

    JK Guest

    600x400? UGH! I hate when people e-mail me images that are less than
    1024x768. One can get 1024x768 images that are around 100K or less
    by using moderate compression. Most people with modern computers have
    their displays set at 1024x768 or higher.

    JK, Sep 6, 2003