    --
    Regards,

    Troy the Black Lab.
    Troy, Apr 24, 2004

  2. "Troy" <> wrote in message
    news:1vpsa88xjt78r$...
    > I think it's It's about time I replaced my aging Sony DSC-F505. It's

    served
    > me well but is now over 4 years old and I think it's time to move on :-(
    >
    > I quite like the look of the Olympus C-8080
    >
    > Any thoughts ?

    Assuming you already have some memory sticks from your F505, why not look at
    the F828? My (less than extensive) tests of several 8mp models have shown
    very little difference in image quality between them, and with the Sony you
    get a degree of familiarity of design and layout. Give 'em a try before you
    buy.

    --
    - Martin Francis

    "Two hundred channels, and nothing but cats"
    - Jasper
    Martin Francis, Apr 24, 2004

  3. Troy

    Zol. Guest

    Other than check out the reviews and comparrisons against other cameras in the same league,
    try http://www.dpreview.com & in particular
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympusc8080wz/page17.asp - I`m not sure on the WZ spec as
    28mm seams the norm(?)

    Zol.

    Zol., Apr 24, 2004
  4. Troy

    Alfred Molon Guest

    Troy <> wrote:
    >I think it's It's about time I replaced my aging Sony DSC-F505. It's served
    >me well but is now over 4 years old and I think it's time to move on :-(
    >
    >I quite like the look of the Olympus C-8080
    >
    >Any thoughts ?

    You might check the Olympus 8080 users group here:

    Alfred Molon
    Alfred Molon, Apr 25, 2004