    shoe.

    Can anyone tell me how the flash shoe is held in place?

    Regards...Chris

    Chris Seal, Mar 12, 2006

  2. Chris Seal

    Papa Guest

    Try Olympus tech support, although I doubt if they will be willing to help
    you because they probably will not know, and even if they do - disassembly
    is probably not something they would want to talk to customers about.

    There may be a hidden screw that can only be revealed by removing some other
    component.

    Also, be careful with prying, you may end up crushing some tiny component
    that you can't see and ruin your camera.

    Good luck.

    Papa, Mar 13, 2006

  3. Chris Seal

    SleeperMan Guest

    Papa wrote:
    > Try Olympus tech support, although I doubt if they will be willing to
    > help you because they probably will not know, and even if they do -
    > disassembly is probably not something they would want to talk to
    > customers about.
    > There may be a hidden screw that can only be revealed by removing
    > some other component.
    >
    > Also, be careful with prying, you may end up crushing some tiny
    > component that you can't see and ruin your camera.

    since camera doesn't work, there's nothing he can ruin...so, it can't be
    worse, only same or better :)

    --
    Visit my web page at http://www.protoncek.com

    SleeperMan, Mar 13, 2006
  4. Chris Seal

    Papa Guest

    >> Also, be careful with prying, you may end up crushing some tiny
    >> component that you can't see and ruin your camera.

    > since camera doesn't work, there's nothing he can ruin...so, it can't be
    > worse, only same or better :)

    I definitely disagree with that conclusion. Right now the camera may be
    repairable at nominal cost. Crushing a component may make that impossible
    economically.

    Papa, Mar 13, 2006
  5. Chris Seal

    Chris Seal Guest

    I had an estimate from a reputable digicam technician, and I could buy a
    good used 770 for less.

    So for me there is nothing lost in what I am doing. It is just for my own
    amusement, but not exactly "If it ain't broke open it up and find out why".

    ....Chris

    Chris Seal, Mar 15, 2006