Olympus C-770 Ultra Zoom your thoughts on it ?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by OCZ Guy, Aug 29, 2004.

  1. OCZ Guy

    OCZ Guy Guest

    Just want to buy a Digital Camera, never had one, i want a good one
    and one that takes movies is a must as well, even if they are low res.

    640by480 15fps 25 minutes on a 512meg Xdcard is ok i suppose, beats
    having a camcorder with you as well :p

    Anyway was going to buy the 3.2mp version, but now the 4mp versions
    price has come down to a price i can afford well could afford the
    higher price but the lower price makes me want it more now :)

    Ive read some reviews it seems good, just want some first hand,
    reviews on it.

    Thanks.

    /ps Can you connect and external LCD to it, you know so you can point
    the camera, but not look where its pointing at the LCD on the camera ?

    Just like to know any camera have that ?

    Thanks again.

    HELLO NURSE.
    OCZ Guy, Aug 29, 2004

  2. OCZ Guy

    Paul Pearce Guest

    I have a 770, 8080 and a Nikon D2h and have enclosed an outdoor shot taken
    with the 770 with the background removed in Photoshop, it may help you
    assess the lense quality. Although this camera is a comprimise, it does a
    bit of everything, it is very good at everything it does without excelling,
    I like it very much. It is relatively small has an external flash shoe, has
    a decent lense and is reasonably fast. My main complaint is red eye if I use
    the built in flash, so I use an external, the 8080 does not know how to do
    red eye.

    Paul Pearce, Aug 29, 2004

  3. OCZ Guy

    OCZ Guy Guest

    I think it does 30fps at 640by480 :), i can't right about everything
    you know :)

    On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 18:05:18 +0100, "Steve B"
    <sbrads@nildramDOTcoDOTuk> wrote:

    >The 770 is a lot better than the older 720 for image quality that's compared
    >with the Pan FZ10 by another replier. The FZ10 is about the same quality as a
    >750 and I would rate the 770 as being similar or slightly better than the 750
    >(I've got one) for image quality. Any purple fringing is less than or similar
    >to other x10 zoomers, is only in the corners and is easily corrected for with
    >either -0.3EV or in Paint Shop Pro with the moire filter which gives perfect
    >results. The choice is mainly down to whether you really need x10, the price,
    >and size, it's the smallest x10 which is worth a lot for convenience. I thought
    >it did 30fps by the way ..........
    >http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/olympus/c765uz_770uz-review/
    >

    >"OCZ Guy" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Just want to buy a Digital Camera, never had one, i want a good one
    >> and one that takes movies is a must as well, even if they are low res.
    >>
    >> 640by480 15fps 25 minutes on a 512meg Xdcard is ok i suppose, beats
    >> having a camcorder with you as well :p
    >>
    >> Anyway was going to buy the 3.2mp version, but now the 4mp versions
    >> price has come down to a price i can afford well could afford the
    >> higher price but the lower price makes me want it more now :)
    >>
    >> Ive read some reviews it seems good, just want some first hand,
    >> reviews on it.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> /ps Can you connect and external LCD to it, you know so you can point
    >> the camera, but not look where its pointing at the LCD on the camera ?
    >>
    >> Just like to know any camera have that ?
    >>
    >> Thanks again.
    >>
    >> HELLO NURSE.

    HELLO NURSE.
    OCZ Guy, Aug 29, 2004
  4. OCZ Guy

    Peter Guest

    On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 12:53:01 +1000, OCZ Guy wrote:

    > Just want to buy a Digital Camera, never had one, i want a good one
    > and one that takes movies is a must as well, even if they are low res.
    >
    > 640by480 15fps 25 minutes on a 512meg Xdcard is ok i suppose, beats
    > having a camcorder with you as well :p
    >
    > Anyway was going to buy the 3.2mp version, but now the 4mp versions
    > price has come down to a price i can afford well could afford the
    > higher price but the lower price makes me want it more now :)
    >
    > Ive read some reviews it seems good, just want some first hand,
    > reviews on it.
    >
    > Thanks.

    I have one of the earlier Oly 7XX models, but I like my newer Panasonic
    FZ10 much better. It has 4MP, 12X zoom, f/2.8 over full zoom range, Leica
    lens, and optical image stablization. You can find my detailed comparison
    of the two, with sample pics, at

    http://www.seanet.com/~pgm/panasonic.htm

    HTH

    Peter

    --
    For the best in image resizing software, try
    JpegSizer at www.tangotools.com/jpegsizer
    Peter, Aug 29, 2004
  5. OCZ Guy

    Dave Busch Guest