    Does anyone have similar problems with this camera? Any suggestions?

    Thank you

    Clark
    Clark Martin, Dec 29, 2004

  2. Clark Martin

    Fred Guest

    Don't know the C-725, but I've got a C700 and never had any of these problems in auto mode. If you haven't already, it's worth calling their tech support.

    I've gotten better help using their non-800 number...

    Olympus America Inc.
    Consumer Products Group
    10805 Holder Street Suite 170
    Cypress, CA 90630-5145
    Attn: Repair Department
    1-714-503-5700
    Fax: (714) 229-1652
    Drop off - 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. PT

    Fred

    "Clark Martin" <> wrote in message news:klzAd.23978$...
    I own an Olympus C-725 digital camera. I'm not totally happy with it.

    With indoor pictures using flash, the flash is so strong that it washes out the subject. I know I can decrease the flash intensity in Program Mode but I shouldn't have to do this. I've had the camera checked and am told it's operating according to specs.

    The auto-focus does not focus well in very low light situations, causing blurred photos.

    In outdoor situations, some photos appear to be over-exposed.

    Fred, Dec 30, 2004

  3. Clark Martin

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Clark Martin wrote:

    > I own an Olympus C-725 digital camera. I'm not totally happy with it.
    >
    > With indoor pictures using flash, the flash is so strong that it washes
    > out the subject. I know I can decrease the flash intensity in Program
    > Mode but I shouldn't have to do this. I've had the camera checked and
    > am told it's operating according to specs.
    >
    > The auto-focus does not focus well in very low light situations, causing
    > blurred photos.
    >
    > In outdoor situations, some photos appear to be over-exposed.
    >
    > Does anyone have similar problems with this camera? Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Clark

    Hi Clark...

    Perhaps not exactly what you're hoping for, but I find if
    my indoor subject is close enough to still focus macro
    (further than you might think) then I get much much better
    flash pictures.

    Costs nothing to try :)

    Take care, and all the best in the new year.

    Ken
    Ken Weitzel, Dec 30, 2004
  4. << "Clark Martin" <> wrote in message

    I own an Olympus C-725 digital camera. I'm not totally happy with it

    With indoor pictures using flash, the flash is so strong that it
    washes out the subject. I know I can decrease the flash intensity in
    Program Mode but I shouldn't have to do this. I've had the camera
    checked and am told it's operating according to specs.

    The auto-focus does not focus well in very low light situations,
    causing blurred photos.

    In outdoor situations, some photos appear to be over-exposed. >>

    Clark-

    I had a similar problem where pictures were too dark. I used a graphics
    program to lighten them, but then they looked washed-out when printed. Then I
    found that the original dark pictures printed perfectly. It turned out I had a
    mis-adjusted monitor. The problem went away when I got a new computer!

    Another problem in low light, is that your shutter speed is slow. Camera shake
    as well as subject motion causes blur that might be blamed on focus. To judge
    your camera, you need a tripod and inanimate subjects.

    Fred
    Fred McKenzie, Dec 30, 2004