    pros/cons to this?

    Any comments would be really appreciated...

    thanks

    David, Aug 4, 2004

  2. David

    Steve King Guest

    Check out www.2filter.com.

    Steve King, Aug 4, 2004

  3. David

    Julie Quinn Guest

    (David) wrote in

    > I've got a C-720uz, and want to know what lenses and filters will
    > work with the camera. Olympus customer service is not too helpful
    > - they point me to their website which lists about 3-4 accessories
    > that will work on the camera with an adapter tube. I'm wondering
    > what is the best way to go as far as using additional
    > lenses/filters; if I use a 55mm adapter, can I use any type of
    > 55mm accessory? Are there pros/cons to this?
    >
    > Any comments would be really appreciated...
    >
    > thanks

    Using a lens tube adapter is a good idea for protection of the lens
    assembly (it's easy to knock out of alignment while extended) in
    addition to allowing you to use additional lenses and filters. I keep
    a lens tube adapter and UV filter on my C-730 at all times.

    The Olympus-made lens tube adapter for the C-7xx series, the CLA-4,
    will give you 55mm threads and sells for about $20. Raynox makes a
    52mm adapter for the series, and it's also about $20. Sunpak's 52mm
    adapter is about $13. The Raynox and Olympus are readily available at
    B&H or Adorama; the cheaper stuff can be had from
    http://www.2filter.com You must use a lens tube adapter in order to
    use accessories on the camera.

    What size tube adapter you should get depends on the accessories you
    have/want. Olympus' teleconverters and wide angle converters are
    55mm. Raynox's products tend to be a bit less expensive and are 52mm.
    If you're only going to be using filters, there isn't much difference
    in price between 52mm and 55mm so go with what's readily available.
    Theoretically, you can screw any accessory of the proper thread size
    onto the matching lens tube adapter, but they won't necessarily work
    well on the camera, so look into that before you buy. Olympus and
    Raynox both market good-quality lenses for the C-7xx series.

    Good luck!
    Julie Quinn

    Julie Quinn, Aug 4, 2004
  4. David

    Gordon Guest

    I have the c-700 and I have found several useful accessories on ebay.
    If you put olympus c-720 in the find block you will get accessories as
    well as the camera itself.

    Gordon

    Gordon, Aug 4, 2004