Olympus C-700UZ - Flash Trouble

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jason Quick, Jan 7, 2004.

  1. Jason Quick

    Jason Quick Guest

    </lurk>

    Hello all...I have a bit of an issue with my own digicam, the eponymous
    Olympus C-700 Ultra Zoom. Namely, I cannot get the flash to fire under any
    circumstances, even when on the "fill" setting. The indicator shows that
    it's deployed and it flashes to show it's charging, but when I press the
    button to, uh, take an exposure, nothing happens. When I close the flash up
    and press the button again, the camera operates as you'd expect it to. It
    began quite abruptly one day...I have attempted changing to fresh batteries,
    diddiling endlessly with the flash and mode settings thinking I was missing
    something, all to no avail.

    If it's just a matter of a loose connection, I can always just take it
    apart; I in fact had to do just that when I first got it (it's a refurb), as
    neither the viewfinder nor LCD screen worked. A loose connection was to
    blame.

    Any suggestions as to a source of the problem would be most appreciated.

    Jason

    Jason Quick, Jan 7, 2004