    I would appreciate a few verdicts on this camera.

    Gerald

    reply to group or through www.animals-in-distress.net
    Grytpype-Thynne, May 11, 2004

  2. Grytpype-Thynne

    Erebus Guest

    Beginner needs a camera

    Hi,

    I have been looking at the Fuji Finepix A330 and A210 cameras as an
    inexpensive
    camera to take general photos of the people and events. I am new to digital
    cameras but not to photography.
    I would appreciate any views on this camera, or suggestions on any other
    camera. Price range £100 - £125 (Under$200)

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thank you.

    pjt

    ---
    Erebus, May 12, 2004

  3. Grytpype-Thynne

    Thad Guest

    Re: Beginner needs a camera

    Erebus wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have been looking at the Fuji Finepix A330 and A210 cameras as an
    > inexpensive
    > camera to take general photos of the people and events. I am new to digital
    > cameras but not to photography.
    > I would appreciate any views on this camera, or suggestions on any other
    > camera. Price range £100 - £125 (Under$200)

    In that price range? Buy a nice film camera like the Olympus Stylus
    Epic. ;-)
    --

    -Thad L.
    Thad, May 12, 2004
  4. Grytpype-Thynne

    Erebus Guest

    Re: Beginner needs a camera

    Why? when I have 2 Nikon F`s and a Leica. Thats why i asked about an
    inexpensive digital camera!!

    pjt.

    Thad wrote:
    > Erebus wrote:
    >

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have been looking at the Fuji Finepix A330 and A210 cameras as an
    >> inexpensive
    >> camera to take general photos of the people and events. I am new to
    >> digital cameras but not to photography.
    >> I would appreciate any views on this camera, or suggestions on any
    >> other camera. Price range £100 - £125 (Under$200)

    > In that price range? Buy a nice film camera like the Olympus Stylus
    > Epic. ;-)

    ---
    Erebus, May 12, 2004
  5. Grytpype-Thynne

    Thad Guest

    Re: Beginner needs a camera

    Erebus wrote:

    > Why? when I have 2 Nikon F`s and a Leica. Thats why i asked about an
    > inexpensive digital camera!!
    >

    > > In that price range? Buy a nice film camera like the Olympus Stylus
    > > Epic. ;-)

    Take a look at the reviews and sample images for those cameras.
    Especially coming from a Leica and Nikon SLR background, you might not
    be satisfied with the quality of low end digital in the price range you
    mentioned, depending on your purposes.

    Go to http://www.dcviews.com and click "CAMERAS", then click the model
    you are interested in, then click "CAMERA SPECIFICATIONS, TIPS &
    REVIEWS". This will give you the specs and links to professional reviews
    of all digital camera models. Check out the sample pics from each camera
    you are interested in and print them out.

    Get back to us and let us know what you think.

    --

    -Thad L.
    Thad, May 12, 2004