    Or should I just stay on C-2100?

    Help me with this one, I'm really in perception?

    Longy
    Bostjan, Jul 11, 2003

  2. Bostjan

    Frankhartx Guest

    >From: (Bostjan)
    >Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital

    >I have c-2100 for almost two years now.
    >I'm thinking of buying c-5050 or c-750. It's not a necessity but I'm
    >considering it. The best would be a combination of c-2100 (zoom + IS +
    >electronic viewfinder) and c-5050 (5 MP, small, Mg-alloy, functions).
    >What do you think? Should I go for c-5050 or c-750? Did anyone compare
    >photos, is there really a big difference and 5 mp shows it's strength
    >over 2.1 mp?
    >Or should I just stay on C-2100?
    >
    >Help me with this one, I'm really in perception?
    >
    >Longy

    The 5050m takes great pictures--the 5mp's really show their worth when you make
    big pix--with the 5050 and the Epson 1270, i mostly crank out 11x17's or 13x20
    with a few 8 1/2x11's--of course if you only take snapshots not worthy of
    upsizing then you don't need a camera like the 5050. Apart from the 5mp the
    5050 is a very versatile camera--fast f1.8 lens--smart media, compact flash and
    xd capability, lots of bells and whistles and adjustments--if you are serious
    about taking pictures you won't go wrong with the m5050.

    Frankhartx, Jul 11, 2003

  3. > I have c-2100 for almost two years now.
    > I'm thinking of buying c-5050 or c-750. It's not a necessity but I'm
    > considering it. The best would be a combination of c-2100 (zoom + IS +
    > electronic viewfinder) and c-5050 (5 MP, small, Mg-alloy, functions).
    > What do you think?

    I'd say *you* should think: what is it more important to your needs?

    >Did anyone compare photos?

    I don't know, but sure you can do it!
    C-750:
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/C750/C75PICS.HTM
    C-5050:
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/C5050/C55PICS.HTM

    > is there really a big difference and 5 mp shows it's strength
    > over 2.1 mp?

    5MP is best for enlargements and/or heavy cropping.

    > Or should I just stay on C-2100?

    It depends on your very own needs.

    > Help me with this one, I'm really in perception?

    In perception of what? ;-)

    Cheers,

    -Jorge
    Jorge Alvarez, Jul 11, 2003
  4. Bostjan

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Bostjan wrote:

    > I have c-2100 for almost two years now.
    > I'm thinking of buying c-5050 or c-750. It's not a necessity but I'm
    > considering it. The best would be a combination of c-2100 (zoom + IS +
    > electronic viewfinder) and c-5050 (5 MP, small, Mg-alloy, functions).
    > What do you think? Should I go for c-5050 or c-750? Did anyone compare
    > photos, is there really a big difference and 5 mp shows it's strength
    > over 2.1 mp?
    > Or should I just stay on C-2100?
    >
    > Help me with this one, I'm really in perception?

    This is a tough question.. I know :)

    I looked for a replacement for my Pro90IS (same lens as your 2100Uz)

    I like shooting long, and nothing really has what the 10x *image stabilized*
    zoom provided. The 2100UZ and Pro90 were very unique cameras. There still is
    no replacement.

    I was happy with my 2mp camera. I didn't really need more. In the 2.5 years
    I've been shooting digital, I've never had the need to print greater than
    10x8. As far as I was concerned, the 2mp 10x8 images were fine.

    I grew tired of waiting for a camera with more megapixels AND a lens like the
    2100UZ/Pro90. Such a thing doesn't exist. The C-750 comes close, but has no
    IS. The 5050 has lots of megapixels which is good for cropping, but still...
    No fantastic large zoom IS lens with very good f numbers.

    My only option was to pick up a Canon 10D and I just recently bought a Canon
    'L' series 100-400 IS lens. It's better than what I had... But a **LOT**
    more expensive. :(
    Jim Townsend, Jul 11, 2003
  5. Bostjan

    borge Guest

    On 11 Jul 2003 08:48:49 -0700, (Bostjan) wrote:

    >I have c-2100 for almost two years now.
    >I'm thinking of buying c-5050 or c-750. It's not a necessity but I'm
    >considering it. The best would be a combination of c-2100 (zoom + IS +
    >electronic viewfinder) and c-5050 (5 MP, small, Mg-alloy, functions).
    >What do you think? Should I go for c-5050 or c-750? Did anyone compare
    >photos, is there really a big difference and 5 mp shows it's strength
    >over 2.1 mp?
    >Or should I just stay on C-2100?
    >
    >Help me with this one, I'm really in perception?
    >
    >Longy

    If I were to collect cameras and had enough shelf space, maybe I
    should get the 5050 - but I should definately hang on to my 2100.
    There is no replacing that at the moment for bird and animal shots.
    Cropping a lousy picture is no replacement for a sharp picture.

    IS cannot be replaced
    For your information, my stats are:
    Win 2000, Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz
    1 Gb memory,ADSL
    80+40 GB of disc space,Oly C2100 & Optio S
    Borge Pedersen :)
    Perth, Australia
    mailto:
    remove SPAM for email
    borge, Jul 12, 2003
  6. Bostjan

    Rudy Smith Guest

    Here's my 2 cents. I have two 2100's i really love the image stabilization.
    Takes a very nice picture for a 2MP camera. So i was in the same boat as you
    are, i opted for the C-750 because of the zoom. It takes VERY nice pictures.
    Its very very touchie in low light and or without a mono or tripod. You can
    really see the difference from the 2100. Two times as many pixels, alot more
    colorful. The macro mode on the 750 is excellent, you can get up to within
    an inch. Plus with the bigger picture size you can crop it after that even.
    The 5050 is 1 more MP but alot less zoom isnt it? I'd take the zoom over the
    1 pixel but thats me and what i need it for. If all i did was portraits i'd
    take the 1 pixel. You cant lose with either but be prepared there's no
    stabilization, that really makes a difference. Dont get rid of the
    2100.........those are hard to find. Good luck in your decision.

    Rudy Smith, Jul 12, 2003
  7. Bostjan

    ibor Guest

    I had a c-2100 and loved it (didn't depreciate either!) ... but then I
    wanted something a little faster (and smaller and with a few more
    pixels and at the same price :) ... so I go a c-730 and thought I'll
    be able to use the cards and all the other accessories I got for the
    UZI over time .. but I didn't like the c-730 pictures! at all! ...
    couldn't accept that so I got a Panasonic Lumix DSC-FZ1 to compare it
    with (Leica lens, 2.5F, x12 optical!) ... VERY fast camera for it's
    category! ... but had only 2MP and the pictures were worse than he
    UZI's (especially in little light) ... so I sent it back and got a
    Toshiba PDR-M700 ... had this last one for 2 days but I am LOVING
    every minute of it! ... better everything except for the "manual"
    focus which only has 5 preset positions (AUTO, INFINITY, 1m, 3m and
    MACRO) but does not let you manually zoom seamlessly! ... go figure :)

    ibor, Jul 12, 2003
  8. Bostjan

    Warren Sarle Guest

    "ibor" <> wrote in message
    > I had a c-2100 and loved it (didn't depreciate either!) ... but then I
    > wanted something a little faster (and smaller and with a few more
    > pixels and at the same price :) ... so I go a c-730 and thought I'll
    > be able to use the cards and all the other accessories I got for the
    > UZI over time .. but I didn't like the c-730 pictures! at all! ...

    You must have gotten a defective camera. I have used a C-730 and
    it produces excellent photos.
    Warren Sarle, Jul 12, 2003