    they would have my camera on te bench if I were to get it approved for an
    RMA.

    Anyone?
    Mike S., Feb 19, 2006

  2. Mike S.

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <dt9ss8$3bj$>,
    (Mike S.) wrote:

    > Can anyone share some first-hand experiences with Olympus' responsiveness
    > to this? Are they overwhelmed with repair orders?
    >
    > In November I emailed Olympus, quoting their service advisory, and asking
    > if the serial number of my C5050Z is among the affected units. Within a
    > day I received a letter confirming that my unit was affected by the
    > recall, and asking me to wait past the Dec-Jan holiday rush if the camera
    > was functioning properly at that time - which it has been.
    >
    > So now, in February, I've sent two replies to that back to Olympus,
    > quoting the original exchange, and have received ... nothing. If this is
    > the level of responsiveness they demonstrate, I can only imagine how long
    > they would have my camera on te bench if I were to get it approved for an
    > RMA.
    >
    > Anyone?

    Have you called them or asked a dealer to contact them for you? Email is
    not always the fastest way.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
    Bob Salomon, Feb 19, 2006

  3. Mike S.

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <dt9ss8$3bj$>, says...

    > Can anyone share some first-hand experiences with Olympus' responsiveness
    > to this? Are they overwhelmed with repair orders?
    >
    > In November I emailed Olympus, quoting their service advisory, and asking
    > if the serial number of my C5050Z is among the affected units. Within a
    > day I received a letter confirming that my unit was affected by the
    > recall, and asking me to wait past the Dec-Jan holiday rush if the camera
    > was functioning properly at that time - which it has been.
    >
    > So now, in February, I've sent two replies to that back to Olympus,
    > quoting the original exchange, and have received ... nothing. If this is
    > the level of responsiveness they demonstrate, I can only imagine how long
    > they would have my camera on te bench if I were to get it approved for an
    > RMA.

    This has been discussed extensively in the myolympus forum. The bottom
    line is that people experience different levels of responsiveness,
    depending on where they call and how they explain things.
    --

    Alfred Molon
    Alfred Molon, Feb 19, 2006
  4. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    In article <>,
    Alfred Molon <> wrote:
    >In article <dt9ss8$3bj$>, says...
    >>

    >> Can anyone share some first-hand experiences with Olympus' responsiveness
    >> to this? Are they overwhelmed with repair orders?
    >>
    >> In November I emailed Olympus, quoting their service advisory, and asking
    >> if the serial number of my C5050Z is among the affected units. Within a
    >> day I received a letter confirming that my unit was affected by the
    >> recall, and asking me to wait past the Dec-Jan holiday rush if the camera
    >> was functioning properly at that time - which it has been.
    >>
    >> So now, in February, I've sent two replies to that back to Olympus,
    >> quoting the original exchange, and have received ... nothing. If this is
    >> the level of responsiveness they demonstrate, I can only imagine how long
    >> they would have my camera on te bench if I were to get it approved for an
    >> RMA.

    >This has been discussed extensively in the myolympus forum. The bottom
    >line is that people experience different levels of responsiveness,
    >depending on where they call and how they explain things.

    Well, last week I picked up the phone and called. I was amazed to find
    that no RMA was necessary, really; in response to my call they emailed me
    a return materials form that I could have downloaded from the web site
    months ago.

    In any case, I sent the camera off to their east coast service center, and
    it was back in my hands, repaird and fully checked out, 8 days later.

    Mike S., Mar 29, 2006