Olympus 5060 online resource

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Alfred Molon, Oct 12, 2003.

  1. Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon Guest

    Alfred Molon, Oct 12, 2003

  2. Alfred Molon

    Peter Sale Guest

    Will FL-40 flash work with Olympus 5060?

    I'm looking to trade up from my C4040 to C5060. I want the low light
    focusing ability and wide angle to shoot interiors without flash. I am
    currently going back and forth between a Nikon 5400 and an Olympus C5060.
    If the C5060 would continue to control my FL-40 flash that would certainly
    tip the scales in favor of Olympus.
    -Peter
    Peter Sale, Nov 26, 2003

  3. Re: Will FL-40 flash work with Olympus 5060?

    In article <AkUwb.2529$>,
    "Peter Sale" <> wrote:

    > I'm looking to trade up from my C4040 to C5060. I want the low light
    > focusing ability and wide angle to shoot interiors without flash. I am
    > currently going back and forth between a Nikon 5400 and an Olympus C5060.
    > If the C5060 would continue to control my FL-40 flash that would certainly
    > tip the scales in favor of Olympus.
    > -Peter

    It's listed as an accessory on the Oly site.
    <http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_product_lobbypage.asp?l=1&
    p=16&bc=2&product=936&fl=5>
    --
    Charlie Dilks
    Newark, DE USA
    Charlie Dilks, Nov 26, 2003
  4. Alfred Molon

    Peter Sale Guest

    Re: Will FL-40 flash work with Olympus 5060?

    Hi Charlie,
    Thanks for your update.
    Peter Sale
    Santa Monica, CA USA
    Peter Sale, Nov 26, 2003
  5. Alfred Molon

    gr Guest

    Re: Will FL-40 flash work with Olympus 5060?

    "Peter Sale" <> wrote
    > I'm looking to trade up from my C4040 to C5060. I want the low light
    > focusing ability and wide angle to shoot interiors without flash.

    If you're shooting low-light, the C5050 may be a better choice. It's got a
    F1.8 lens instead of F2.8. Add a wide-angle adapter, and Bob's your uncle.
    gr, Nov 26, 2003
  6. Re: Will FL-40 flash work with Olympus 5060?

    << If you're shooting low-light, the C5050 may be a better choice. It's got a
    F1.8 lens instead of F2.8. Add a wide-angle adapter, and Bob's your uncle. >>

    GR-

    Is there any f/stop penalty when you use a wide-angle adapter? If there is,
    then the 5060 might be a better choice. I would expect images to be better
    with the 5060 than a 5050 plus adapter.

    Fred
    Fred McKenzie, Nov 27, 2003
  7. Re: Will FL-40 flash work with Olympus 5060?

    In article <>,
    (Fred McKenzie) wrote:

    > << If you're shooting low-light, the C5050 may be a better choice. It's got a
    > F1.8 lens instead of F2.8. Add a wide-angle adapter, and Bob's your uncle. >>
    >
    > GR-
    >
    > Is there any f/stop penalty when you use a wide-angle adapter? If there is,
    > then the 5060 might be a better choice. I would expect images to be better
    > with the 5060 than a 5050 plus adapter.

    There's no light penalty with the Olympus wide or tele adapters (WCON .7
    or .8 or TCON 17). There's no measurable image degradation either.
    They're huge and very high quality.
    --
    Charlie Dilks
    Newark, DE USA