    others seem to work fine) Is there a way to correct this, so I can get
    my pictures transferred and clear the card for reuse? I appreciate
    any advice at all!!!! Pam

    bluemoonauction, Jan 21, 2004

  2. bluemoonauction

    CSM1 Guest

    "bluemoonauction" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi, my first post here, and I'm hoping someone can help with a problem
    > I'm experiencing. I have an Olympus 2040Z, and before that, an
    > Olympus D460, both of which use SmartMedia cards, so I'm familiar with
    > the transfer process. My problem is, sometimes, when I try to
    > transfer pics from the smart media card in the camera to my zip drive
    > (using the USB connection), I get a message "cannot copy (filename):
    > the directory or file cannot be created" I think I've somehow saved
    > the picture files as read only, or the card is corrupt (although
    > others seem to work fine) Is there a way to correct this, so I can get
    > my pictures transferred and clear the card for reuse? I appreciate
    > any advice at all!!!! Pam

    If the files on the Zip drive or HD are Read-Only, with Windows Explorer,
    select all of the read-only files, then Right-Click>Properties, uncheck
    Read_only, Click OK.

    Now all will have the read-only cleared.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    CSM1, Jan 22, 2004

  3. > If the files on the Zip drive or HD are Read-Only, with Windows Explorer,
    > select all of the read-only files, then Right-Click>Properties, uncheck
    > Read_only, Click OK.
    >
    > Now all will have the read-only cleared.

    Thanks for your help! Ok, I went in and the files are not marked
    read-only, but archive. Tried moving them to the zip drive again, and
    still no luck. I get the same error message as above. Any other
    suggestions????

    bluemoonauction, Jan 22, 2004
  4. bluemoonauction

    > > If the files on the Zip drive or HD are Read-Only, with Windows

    Explorer,
    > > select all of the read-only files, then Right-Click>Properties, uncheck
    > > Read_only, Click OK.
    > >
    > > Now all will have the read-only cleared.

    > Thanks for your help! Ok, I went in and the files are not marked
    > read-only, but archive. Tried moving them to the zip drive again, and
    > still no luck. I get the same error message as above. Any other
    > suggestions????

    Archive is a normal file attribute. It just means that a backup program has
    not run and back-upped the files to a backup media. (Obsolete now)

    What happens if you copy the files on the smartmedia to your hard drive?
    What happens if you copy the same files from HD to Zip?
    What happens if you copy the files from Zip to HD?
    Is your Zip media write-protected?

    Please don't delete previous replies. Include the previous message in your
    reply.(It makes it easy to see what you are talking about)

    Click on Reply to Group and your news reader will mark the previous message
    by indenting and/or Greater than.
    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com