    Also, why is it possible that certain functions on Olympus cameras (like the
    "panorama" mode which I'm guessing is something like Canon's Stitch
    assist/Photo stitch) only work with Olympus-branded xD cards?
    Christian, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Christian

    Charlie D Guest

    In article <bg2119$cbo$>,
    Christian <> wrote:

    > Someone was telling me about some feature on Olympus cameras with "2 in 1"
    > picture mode. Can anyone explain to me what this does?

    It just lets you put two side by side shots in the same frame. I think
    it's more convenient to do in post-processing where you can take your
    time and be more exacting.

    Might be ok for those who like to plug their cameras into a printer.

    > Also, why is it possible that certain functions on Olympus cameras (like the
    > "panorama" mode which I'm guessing is something like Canon's Stitch
    > assist/Photo stitch) only work with Olympus-branded xD cards?

    To make more money.

    --
    Charlie Dilks
    Newark, DE USA
    Charlie D, Jul 28, 2003

  3. "Christian" <> wrote in message
    > Someone was telling me about some feature on Olympus cameras with "2 in 1"
    > picture mode. Can anyone explain to me what this does?
    >
    > Also, why is it possible that certain functions on Olympus cameras (like

    the
    > "panorama" mode which I'm guessing is something like Canon's Stitch
    > assist/Photo stitch) only work with Olympus-branded xD cards?

    It doesn't. The Olympus-brand cards come with software that only works on
    Olympus cameras. But the software can be added to other memory cards. Look
    in the archives of this newsgroup (at google.com) for directions on how to
    do this..

    I prefer to make panoramas with my image-editing software, Paint Shop Pro.
    It gives me control of the result.
    Marvin Margoshes, Jul 28, 2003