    down. Is it better just to leave the batteries out of the computer if
    it is going to be stored for a month or so?

    Thanks for any help.

    Randy, Dec 25, 2003

  2. Randy

    Matti Vuori Guest

    (Randy) wrote in
    news::
    > Every time I turn the camera off the resolution gets set to HQ. I
    > want it to stay at SQ is there a way I can set camera to default with
    > resolution of SQ?

    Go to the camera's SETUP menu and set setting ALL RESET to OFF. Now it
    remembers all settings.

    > Also I just use double A batteries and after storage these seem to run
    > down. Is it better just to leave the batteries out of the computer if
    > it is going to be stored for a month or so?

    I't take them off during storage because there is always a risk of them
    leaking and ruining the camera. (And of course, if they just drain, they
    are of no use anyway.)

    --
    Matti Vuori, <http://sivut.koti.soon.fi/mvuori/index-e.htm>

    Matti Vuori, Dec 25, 2003

  3. "Matti Vuori" <> wrote in message
    > (Randy) wrote in
    > > Every time I turn the camera off the resolution gets set to HQ. I
    > > want it to stay at SQ is there a way I can set camera to default with
    > > resolution of SQ?

    > Go to the camera's SETUP menu and set setting ALL RESET to OFF. Now it
    > remembers all settings.

    Or you can make any setting the default. It is a bit tricky. After turning
    All Reset to OFF, make the settings you want, turn the camera off, then on.
    The settings should be the ones you want. Then turn All Reset ON. Your
    preferreed setting are now the default.

    Marvin Margoshes, Dec 25, 2003
  4. > Every time I turn the camera off the resolution gets set to HQ. I
    > want it to stay at SQ is there a way I can set camera to default with
    > resolution of SQ?

    As another poster pointed out, there's a setting in the menu that disables
    the "all-reset" function.

    > Also I just use double A batteries and after storage these seem to run
    > down. Is it better just to leave the batteries out of the computer if
    > it is going to be stored for a month or so?

    The only problem with removing the batteries is that, after several hours,
    the computer will reset to its default settings and lose such things as
    auto-picture numbering, date, time of day etc info as well as anything you'd
    set up in the menu.

    If you're using NiMH batteries, I wouldn't worry too much about leakage (I
    haven't had any do so... yet!). I'd feel safe leaving them in place for
    maybe three months, and would guess that even their self-discharge rate
    would still give them the minimal "oomph" to keep the electronics from
    resetting.

    --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
    http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

    Mike Jacoubowsky, Dec 25, 2003
  5. << Every time I turn the camera off the resolution gets set to HQ. I
    want it to stay at SQ is there a way I can set camera to default with
    resolution of SQ? >>

    Randy-

    As others have pointed out, there is a menu setting to keep your choices, but
    it reverts to the default after the battery has been removed for more than a
    few minutes or runs down. Unless your 3020 has a problem, they probably don't
    run down Alkaline AA cells very fast when turned off, but will deplete them
    very quickly when in use, especially if you use the flash a lot.

    NiMh batteries seem to have less leakage problems, but self-discharge over
    time, and may be a nuisance to keep charged. After fighting the charging
    battle for a while, I decided to use the kind of battery that came with my
    C-3040Z, the CR-V3 Lithium battery.

    A pair of CR-V3s fit in the place of four AA cells in my camera. They are a
    bit more expensive than common AA cells, but last for several hundred photos
    and do not self-discharge. If they fit your 3020, I think they will solve your
    problem.

    Fred

    Fred McKenzie, Dec 25, 2003
  6. Randy

    R2D2 Guest

    (Randy) wrote in

    > Every time I turn the camera off the resolution gets set to HQ. I
    > want it to stay at SQ is there a way I can set camera to default with
    > resolution of SQ?
    >
    > Also I just use double A batteries and after storage these seem to run
    > down. Is it better just to leave the batteries out of the computer if
    > it is going to be stored for a month or so?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

    What is the 'Olympic' 3020? And why do you keep your cameras batteries
    inside your 'computer'?

    R2D2, Dec 26, 2003
  7. Randy

    CSM1 Guest

    "R2D2" <> wrote in message
    > (Randy) wrote in
    >
    > > Every time I turn the camera off the resolution gets set to HQ. I
    > > want it to stay at SQ is there a way I can set camera to default with
    > > resolution of SQ?
    > >
    > > Also I just use double A batteries and after storage these seem to run
    > > down. Is it better just to leave the batteries out of the computer if
    > > it is going to be stored for a month or so?
    > >
    > > Thanks for any help.

    > What is the 'Olympic' 3020? And why do you keep your cameras batteries
    > inside your 'computer'?

    If you are asking about an Olympus C-3020 camera, the manuals can be found
    here:
    http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_brochuresmanuals.asp

    Read the Manual.
    You can set the default mode in Mode Setup.
    http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/C-3020Z_Reference_English.pdf
    In the above PDF, page 153 of 206 is the start of the instructions for the
    default Mode. First you have to turn off All Reset, then you set the MY MODE
    SETUP to you preferences.

    NiMH batteries are rechargeable and will run down if left with no use for a
    long while.

    You should recharge the batteries every 3-4 weeks.
    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    CSM1, Dec 26, 2003