    clients handle them normally, but CamediaMaster doesn't acknowledge their
    existance. I can't find any setting that I should be adjusting.

    We are leaving town and I really need pretty quick help. Thanks.
    Chuck Bollinger, Aug 25, 2003

  2. Chuck Bollinger

    daytripper Guest

    On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 16:30:58 GMT, Chuck Bollinger <> wrote:

    >I scanned a bunch of old slides into .tif format some months ago. My Camedia
    >Master makes thumbs of them and handles them normally.
    >
    >I scanned another bunch of old slides into .tif format last night. Windows
    >Explorer shows them in the same directory as the old ones, and other graphic
    >clients handle them normally, but CamediaMaster doesn't acknowledge their
    >existance. I can't find any setting that I should be adjusting.
    >
    >We are leaving town and I really need pretty quick help. Thanks.

    Are you sure those files have the correct extension for CamediaMaster to
    recognize them?

    Do you have file extensions visible in Window Explorer?
    daytripper, Aug 25, 2003

  3. daytripper wrote:

    > On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 16:30:58 GMT, Chuck Bollinger <> wrote:
    >

    >>I scanned a bunch of old slides into .tif format some months ago. My Camedia
    >>Master makes thumbs of them and handles them normally.
    >>
    >>I scanned another bunch of old slides into .tif format last night. Windows
    >>Explorer shows them in the same directory as the old ones, and other graphic
    >>clients handle them normally, but CamediaMaster doesn't acknowledge their
    >>existance. I can't find any setting that I should be adjusting.
    >>
    >>We are leaving town and I really need pretty quick help. Thanks.

    > Are you sure those files have the correct extension for CamediaMaster to
    > recognize them?

    Yup, they are .tif. Now to confess: After posting this I wondered whether my
    LZW compression had somehow gotten turned on. Yup, it had. I went back to the
    files and 'filed as' .tif but without compression and they work fine.

    That nuisance and this embarrassment will keep me from doing that again. I
    didn't think I had it on. Now I'll check.

    > Do you have file extensions visible in Window Explorer?

    Absolutely. I'm an old timer and get real nervous with files and no extensions.

    Thanks for the reply.
    Chuck Bollinger, Aug 26, 2003