Oly UZI sp560 ; good news!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by tiresia2@hotmail.it, Aug 23, 2007.

  1. Guest

    , Aug 23, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > Sensor size ; 1/2.3 !! Good Olympus!!!
    > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07082309olysp560uz.asp

    Some of the other information on that page may be incorrect - for example
    the size and weight is exactly the same as the 550, a camera with a
    1/2.5-inch sensor. This seems unlikely.

    David
    David J Taylor, Aug 23, 2007

  3. David J Taylor wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Sensor size ; 1/2.3 !! Good Olympus!!!
    >> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07082309olysp560uz.asp

    > Some of the other information on that page may be incorrect - for
    > example the size and weight is exactly the same as the 550, a camera
    > with a 1/2.5-inch sensor. This seems unlikely.
    >
    > David

    Sorry - I misread your post as 2/3-inch!

    1/2.5, 1/2.3 - not much difference.

    David
    David J Taylor, Aug 23, 2007
  4. Guest

    On 23 Ago, 12:11, "David J Taylor" <-this-
    bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk> wrote:
    > David J Taylor wrote:

    > 1/2.5, 1/2.3 - not much difference.
    >
    > David

    Yes,but pixel on 550 was 2,33 micron,on 560 is 2,69 micron..little
    progress but big symbolic change for construction
    philosophy's...hiiiiiiii
    , Aug 23, 2007
  5. wrote:
    > On 23 Ago, 12:11, "David J Taylor" <-this-
    > bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk> wrote:
    >> David J Taylor wrote:

    >> 1/2.5, 1/2.3 - not much difference.
    >>
    >> David

    > Yes,but pixel on 550 was 2,33 micron,on 560 is 2,69 micron..little
    > progress but big symbolic change for construction
    > philosophy's...hiiiiiiii

    Yes, the right direction. Now if the count could be reduced to 5 or 6
    MP....

    David
    David J Taylor, Aug 23, 2007
  6. () wrote:

    > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07082309olysp560uz.asp

    That's a very quick update considering the camera hasn't been out much
    more than six months. Maybe some of the negative feedback's been listened
    to.

    Hopefully they've tweaked the focus speed as well as the zoom range.

    Andrew McP
    Andrew MacPherson, Aug 23, 2007