    I need to send it back if defective, please reply soon.

    All relevant comments are appreciated.
    Jim
    Jim Spencer, Nov 14, 2003

  2. Jim Spencer

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Jim Spencer wrote:

    > I have just bought a Olympus refurbished C-50, thought I would
    > upgrade from the D-40. I hate it the shutter lag after you press the
    > button half way down is HORRENDEOUS. I am talking about at
    > least a second to second and one half before the picture is taken.
    > It is a little faster in high light conditions but unacceptable otherwise.
    > Still have the OLY D-40 and compared the 2 and it is MUCH faster.
    >
    > Does anyone have one or both of these cameras to verify my findings?
    > Maybe I received a defective C-50? I have 4 digital cameras and have
    > not experienced such shutter lag on any of them and the reviews if the
    > C-50 do not indicate a severe lag like I am experiencing.
    >
    > I need to send it back if defective, please reply soon.
    >
    > All relevant comments are appreciated.
    > Jim

    didn't you post this a couple of days ago Jim?

    anyway, I don't have a c-50 but try looking at the links here
    http://www.dcviews.com/_Olympus/c50.htm

    and this one page may be of help

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympusc50z/page9.asp

    --
    Paul. (I don't know what to say, you don't care anyway)
    Not what it seems...
    Paul Heslop, Nov 14, 2003

  3. Jim Spencer

    Jim Spencer Guest

    "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    > Jim Spencer wrote:
    >
    > > I have just bought a Olympus refurbished C-50, thought I would
    > > upgrade from the D-40. I hate it the shutter lag after you press the
    > > button half way down is HORRENDEOUS. I am talking about at
    > > least a second to second and one half before the picture is taken.
    > > It is a little faster in high light conditions but unacceptable

    otherwise.
    > > Still have the OLY D-40 and compared the 2 and it is MUCH faster.
    > >
    > > Does anyone have one or both of these cameras to verify my findings?
    > > Maybe I received a defective C-50? I have 4 digital cameras and have
    > > not experienced such shutter lag on any of them and the reviews if the
    > > C-50 do not indicate a severe lag like I am experiencing.
    > >
    > > I need to send it back if defective, please reply soon.
    > >
    > > All relevant comments are appreciated.
    > > Jim

    > didn't you post this a couple of days ago Jim?

    Yes 5 days ago and no reply, am I under some kind of limit here???

    > anyway, I don't have a c-50 but try looking at the links here
    > http://www.dcviews.com/_Olympus/c50.htm
    >
    > and this one page may be of help
    >
    > http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympusc50z/page9.asp

    Asking for verification from owners of the camera. I can't believe
    this camera which is supposed to be an upgrade to the D-40 which
    I also own and is so much slower, need hands on owner opinion not reviews,
    that I already read. Thanks for replying, my response rate is 100% better
    than my 1st
    post but unfortuntely did not answer my question...
    Jim Spencer, Nov 14, 2003
  4. Jim Spencer

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Jim Spencer wrote:

    > "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    > > Jim Spencer wrote:
    > >
    > > > I have just bought a Olympus refurbished C-50, thought I would
    > > > upgrade from the D-40. I hate it the shutter lag after you press the
    > > > button half way down is HORRENDEOUS. I am talking about at
    > > > least a second to second and one half before the picture is taken.
    > > > It is a little faster in high light conditions but unacceptable

    > otherwise.
    > > > Still have the OLY D-40 and compared the 2 and it is MUCH faster.
    > > >
    > > > Does anyone have one or both of these cameras to verify my findings?
    > > > Maybe I received a defective C-50? I have 4 digital cameras and have
    > > > not experienced such shutter lag on any of them and the reviews if the
    > > > C-50 do not indicate a severe lag like I am experiencing.
    > > >
    > > > I need to send it back if defective, please reply soon.
    > > >
    > > > All relevant comments are appreciated.
    > > > Jim

    > > didn't you post this a couple of days ago Jim?

    > Yes 5 days ago and no reply, am I under some kind of limit here???
    >
    > > anyway, I don't have a c-50 but try looking at the links here
    > > http://www.dcviews.com/_Olympus/c50.htm
    > >
    > > and this one page may be of help
    > >
    > > http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympusc50z/page9.asp

    > Asking for verification from owners of the camera. I can't believe
    > this camera which is supposed to be an upgrade to the D-40 which
    > I also own and is so much slower, need hands on owner opinion not reviews,
    > that I already read. Thanks for replying, my response rate is 100% better
    > than my 1st
    > post but unfortuntely did not answer my question...

    We can but try Jim... the reason I posted was that page mentions shutter
    lag... if memory serves me right. Looks like nobody else is interested in your
    problem. Sorry mate.

    Paul Heslop, Nov 14, 2003
  5. Jim: I assume you disabled the flash? I've found that disabling flash cuts
    back significantly on shutter lag, even for those photos where there's no
    chance it would have been needed. This is true even on the D-40 that I own.

    --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
    D-220/D-340l/D-450Z/C-3000/D-40/C-5050 (and looks like my Oly infatuation
    might stop there, given the weirdness/downgrades of the C-5060 and the
    price/performance ration of the E1!).
    http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

    Mike Jacoubowsky, Nov 16, 2003
  6. Jim Spencer

    Jim Spencer Guest

    "Mike Jacoubowsky" <> wrote in message
    > Jim: I assume you disabled the flash? I've found that disabling flash

    cuts
    > back significantly on shutter lag, even for those photos where there's no
    > chance it would have been needed. This is true even on the D-40 that I

    own.

    > --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
    > D-220/D-340l/D-450Z/C-3000/D-40/C-5050 (and looks like my Oly infatuation
    > might stop there, given the weirdness/downgrades of the C-5060 and the
    > price/performance ration of the E1!).
    > http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

    Thanks Mike for your reply, tried that and did not experience much
    difference.
    Seems like the picture review is also slower on the C-50 compared to the
    D-40.
    Think I will return it, it is hard to get non blurry pictures with such a
    great lag.

    Appreciate your reply, knew someone out here would have an intelligent
    suggestion.
    Jim Spencer, Nov 19, 2003