    Or is it just another marketing shit?
    Thanks,
    Maciek

    Maciek, Aug 12, 2004

  2. Maciek

    Eddy Vortex Guest

    I use an Oly C2100 UZ with a F/A lamp and it works great. You can take
    focused photo in a completely dark room (using flash, of course). I won't
    have a camera wich doesn't have a F/A lamp (which severely limits my
    choices. Don't worry...they work!!! Eddy

    Eddy Vortex, Aug 12, 2004

  3. Maciek

    WebKatz Guest

    "Maciek" <> wrote in message news:<cff1vj$ae2$-kr.edu.pl>...
    > Hello,
    > I'd like to ask the users of Oly c5060 abut the efficiency of the built-id
    > AF assist lamp - is it really possible to get auto focus at low light
    > conditions?
    > Or is it just another marketing shit?
    > Thanks,
    > Maciek

    The 5050 focuses fine in low light at shorter distances (under 20
    feet). I've even taken flash shots where the assist lamp was pretty
    much the only light source. I'm betting the 5060 would perform
    similarly.

    Dave

    WebKatz, Aug 12, 2004
  4. Maciek

    ECM Guest

    "Maciek" <> wrote in message news:<cff1vj$ae2$-kr.edu.pl>...
    > Hello,
    > I'd like to ask the users of Oly c5060 abut the efficiency of the built-id
    > AF assist lamp - is it really possible to get auto focus at low light
    > conditions?
    > Or is it just another marketing shit?
    > Thanks,
    > Maciek

    I just got a C-5060WZ about 4 weeks ago - I love it..... I'll write a
    review on epinions.com in a few weeks.

    The autofocus assist really does work - I've tried with and without
    it. The "lamp" is actually a high-output orange colored LED beside the
    viewfinder. It's very bright - as a matter of fact, TOO bright in dim
    light; a lot of my subjects complained about it. Autofocus with the
    lamp was quite fast; delayed about 1/2 second from usual because of
    extra time with the lamp on. With it off (actually covered, because of
    the above-mentioned complaints) the autofocus seemed lost, especially
    with moving subjects or with camera movement - it would hunt from end
    to end, sometimes for as long as 15-20 seconds before giving up.
    Sometimes it would get a proper lock, most of the time it wouldn't. I
    was taking pictures in very dim light - as low as starlight, sometimes
    by firelight. Starlight, moonlight, or dim lamplight wasn't enough for
    good focus.

    IMHO, If you're considering a C-5060 purchase, the biggest downside
    I've come across so far is the poorly designed optical viewfinder. The
    viewfinder image is at least 15-20% smaller than what the camera
    captures in a photo. In other words, you NEED to use the LCD to
    properly frame your shots; no battery saving allowed! I end up taking
    pictures that need quite a bit of cropping and I waste valuable
    pixels. My last digital had no such trouble - what you saw is what you
    got; I sometimes went for 500 pictures per set of batteries because I
    never turned on the LCD....

    Peace!
    ECM

    ECM, Aug 13, 2004
  5. Maciek

    Maciek Guest

    > In other words, you NEED to use the LCD to
    > properly frame your shots; no battery saving allowed!

    Fonrtunately I will get it with an extra battery :)

    Well, thank You all for your help!!
    Maciek

    Maciek, Aug 13, 2004
  6. Maciek

    ECM Guest

    "Maciek" <> wrote in message news:<cfhll4$38u$-kr.edu.pl>...
    > > In other words, you NEED to use the LCD to
    > > properly frame your shots; no battery saving allowed!

    > Fonrtunately I will get it with an extra battery :)
    >
    > Well, thank You all for your help!!
    > Maciek

    Yeah, I've already made the investment in a (generic) spare
    battery.... I'm getting about 200 pictures/charge, not bad with the
    LCD on for at least 75% of the shots. I used the camera to download
    the picture files, too - I usually use a separate card reader to save
    batteries. The battery takes about 6 hours to charge - a bit long,
    especially if you only have one.

    Even though I'm complaining about the optical viewfinder, I still
    really like my C-5060. For my landscapes, nature shots, closeups, etc,
    I'm learning to use the LCD for framing and lighting and it's a
    definite improvement; I'm getting spontaneous comments about the high
    quality of the pictures (my photographic ego is going through the
    roof!). For quick snaps without the LCD I'm learning to bring my
    subjects a bit closer than I think is correct, to compensate for the
    inaccurate field of view through the viewfinder, and it's working
    fine.

    Enjoy your new camera!

    Good Luck!
    ECM