    size CF card this camera will accept. I have a 128, but was thinking of
    getting a 256 or 512. Anyone know?

    sma
    sa, Dec 19, 2003

  2. I've been using 256 and 512 cards (Viking and SanDisk) with absolutely no
    problems. I believe I've read that 1GB cards can be used, but this might
    depend on what version of firmware your 5050 has.

    The Ruzicka Family, Dec 19, 2003

  3. In article <>,
    "The Ruzicka Family" <> wrote:

    > I've been using 256 and 512 cards (Viking and SanDisk) with absolutely no
    > problems. I believe I've read that 1GB cards can be used, but this might
    > depend on what version of firmware your 5050 has.
    >
    > "sa" <> wrote in message
    > > Just got this camera. Very nice.. Little confused on CF cards that can be
    > > used. Docs say one thing, on line docs say another. What is the maximum
    > > size CF card this camera will accept. I have a 128, but was thinking of
    > > getting a 256 or 512. Anyone know?

    I've used a 1GB Microdrive in mine. Took something over 900 pictures to
    fill the thing.

    --
    Hank Shiffman http://www.disordered.org
    Have Opinion, Will Travel
    Hank Shiffman, Dec 19, 2003
  4. sa

    ds2227 Guest

    I have one (C-5050Z) and my Ritech 512 MB works fine. I think the camera
    uses FAT16 and so should accept CF cards up to 2 GB.

    Dave

    ds2227, Dec 20, 2003
  5. sa

    David Guest

    I believe that the controller mechanism is located on the cards themselves,
    so should be able to use any size out there. Could be wrong of course, but
    never ran into anyone saying larger cards haven't worked.

    Dave

    David, Dec 20, 2003
  6. sa

    Jimmy Guest

    While it is true that the controller mechanism is in the CF cards, the ability of the camera to read
    file allocation tables is still restricted to the camera's ability to format and read large cards.
    There are some newer cameras out that can utilize FAT32, but most of the current fare can not.

    Jimmy, Dec 20, 2003