    camera, but if the C-750 is just as good than I might switch.

    Thank for you help.

    Rob.
    Rob Cornish, Dec 13, 2003

  2. Rob Cornish

    R2D2 Guest

    "Rob Cornish" <> wrote in
    news:brdpic$eeh$:

    > Hi. I've owned a C-4000 for a year now and I think thatit's a great
    > camera. The only thing that I would like to improve is the zoom so
    > i've been looking at purchasing the TCON-17 tele converter. After
    > checking out he lens in the store, i've realised how big it really is
    > and have started to wonder if it's practical. With this in mind I
    > started to look at the other cameras that are out now with larger
    > zooms. What are the feeling of the Oly C-750? It has a 10x optical
    > zoom but how does it compare, aside from the zoom, with the C-4000? I
    > was thinking that I could sell the C-4000 and for the same money as
    > the lens, make the difference and get the C-750. At the moment, i'd
    > like to think that I could keep the C-4000 as I think that it's a
    > great camera, but if the C-750 is just as good than I might switch.
    >
    > Thank for you help.
    >
    > Rob.

    You will lose sharpness, detail, and overall image quality for the extra
    tele. Which is more important to you? That is a personal decision.
    R2D2, Dec 13, 2003

  3. Rob Cornish

    Rob Cornish Guest

    Well i'd like to retain the quality of the image.

    C-750 the way?

    Rob.

    Rob Cornish, Dec 13, 2003
  4. Rob Cornish

    R2D2 Guest

    "Rob Cornish" <> wrote in

    > Well i'd like to retain the quality of the image.
    >
    > C-750 the way?

    No. Like I said, if you buy the C-750 you will gain more tele. Your images
    will not be as sharp as you are getting now with the C-4000, and you will
    lose detail and overall image quality. That is how it generally works with
    zoom lenses with a big range.
    R2D2, Dec 13, 2003
  5. Rob Cornish

    Rob Cornish Guest

    Ahh OK. I thought you were refering to the add on tele lens not the 750.
    I'm looking at some of the Sample shots from the 750 now so i'm sure i'll
    see what you mean.

    Rob.

    Rob Cornish, Dec 13, 2003
  6. To my eyes, the C-750 is a great upgrade from the C-4000. I certainly
    didn't notice loss of detail on a friend's over my own C-4000. I have
    been thru hundreds of pics. I would trade up without hesitation.

    ThermosBoy (TM), Dec 13, 2003