    of condenser that has passed away?
    Any help or info is greatly appreciated. TIA

    Cheers, Frank

    Frank H, May 6, 2007

  2. Frank H

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <>, gacksakura-
    says...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > My trusty Oly 5050 Zoom is now suffering from advanced Altzheimer's.
    > Whenever I have to change the AA's, I loose all date/time info, along
    > with the picture settings.
    > To get around this, I use a set of four AA's in a battery-extender box
    > with a cable to go into the 6V external power option on the side of
    > the camera. Although this means I always have spare power along, I
    > would much rather have it working normally.
    > What is involved to replace the internal power-holder? Is it some kind
    > of condenser that has passed away?

    Yes, it is a capacitor which passed away. I heard of people who
    disassembled the 5050 and managed to replace this capacitor. Try asking
    in the forum.
    --

    Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon, May 7, 2007

  3. Frank H

    Frank H Guest

    On Mon, 7 May 2007 02:30:34 +0200, Alfred Molon
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>, gacksakura-
    > says...
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> My trusty Oly 5050 Zoom is now suffering from advanced Altzheimer's.
    >> Whenever I have to change the AA's, I loose all date/time info, along
    >> with the picture settings.
    >> To get around this, I use a set of four AA's in a battery-extender box
    >> with a cable to go into the 6V external power option on the side of
    >> the camera. Although this means I always have spare power along, I
    >> would much rather have it working normally.
    >> What is involved to replace the internal power-holder? Is it some kind
    >> of condenser that has passed away?

    >Yes, it is a capacitor which passed away. I heard of people who
    >disassembled the 5050 and managed to replace this capacitor. Try asking
    >in the forum.

    Thank you Mr. Molon,

    I will try to find info at the suggested forum.
    You helped me in the past, and I read your articles on this camera
    with great interest.
    One of the best cameras ever made, as I see it.

    Cheers, Frank

    Frank H, May 7, 2007