OLE32.dll and explorer.exe problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by manusoftar, Jul 26, 2006.

  1. manusoftar

    manusoftar

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Hello, first of all, sorry by my poor english but it's not my natural language so... may be i don't write it correctly.

    Now i'll try to explain as much as i can the problem i have.

    My system:
    O.S. : Win Xp Pro SP 2
    Security software: Norton Internet Security 2005 (definitions up to date)
    Webroot SpySweeper (last version)
    SpyBot S & D
    HijackThis
    Processor: P4 3.0 Ghz (Dual)
    Ram: 1 Gb DDR2
    HD: 232 Gb (Seagate i think, SATA)
    Motherboard: Intel compatible with pentium 4

    When I go to Star -> Run -> Examinate and i make a right click with the mouse or i try to delete some file or even i make a ctrl + c (copy to clipboard) an error message appears telling: explorer.exe has detected a problem and must be closed, and if i ask for mor info it says:

    Signature of the error:

    AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: ole32.dll
    ModVer: 5.1.2600.2726 Offset: 00024bf2

    I've tried everything i thought it would fix the problem but it's still there.

    I've performed a full system scan with Norton Internet Security and fixed all problems reported.

    I've run both Nimda.A and Nimda.E removal tools by Symantec and it said that Nimda was not found on my system.

    I've performed a full sweepe with spysweeper but nothing happened.
    I really don't know what else to try, the proble is i can't just format and reinstall windows cause i was editing a 45 minuts video wich is a + than 7Gb file, and i have not double layer dvd-r to backup it!! and thera are a lot more files in that adobe premiere proyect with i just can't loose.

    Thank all of you for reading this, and please, if you experimented this trouble please tell me how you fixed it.

    Thank you very much.

    Manuel Fernandez.

    manusoftar, Jul 26, 2006