oldest laptop owners

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Toolman Tim, Oct 4, 2005.

  1. Toolman Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    dennis wrote:
    > I'm so old I don't have a lap any more.Does this count? Do I win? I'm
    > scared....

    You should be scared...the clock police are gonna be *all* over you <g>

    Toolman Tim, Oct 4, 2005

  2. Toolman Tim

    Martik Guest

    It should have read "Owners of oldest laptops"

    Martik, Oct 4, 2005

  3. Toolman Tim

    trout Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    > dennis wrote:
    >> I'm so old I don't have a lap any more.Does this count? Do I win? I'm
    >> scared....

    > You should be scared...the clock police are gonna be *all* over you
    > <g>

    Maybe he's just too fat to *see* his lap. Or his clock.
    --
    I said "clock".

    trout, Oct 4, 2005
  4. Toolman Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    trout wrote:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> dennis wrote:
    >>> I'm so old I don't have a lap any more.Does this count? Do I win?
    >>> I'm scared....

    >> You should be scared...the clock police are gonna be *all* over you
    >> <g>

    > Maybe he's just too fat to *see* his lap. Or his clock.

    Hee hee hee!!! Had to read that twice to check <g>

    Toolman Tim, Oct 4, 2005
  5. Toolman Tim

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 19:19:02 -0400, "dennis"
    <> wrote:

    >I'm so old I don't have a lap any more.Does this count? Do I win? I'm
    >scared....

    Define 'oldest laptop owner' - are we talking a 104 year old guy who
    has a Dell Inspiron 6000, or a teenager who has a 12 year old laptop?

    Evan Platt, Oct 4, 2005
  6. Martik wrote:

    > It should have read "Owners of oldest laptops"

    It's not nearly as much fun that way. :)

    I have a believed-to-be-1997 UMAX laptop. Yeah, they make scanners, not
    laptops. Since they made this one, at least. :)

    It's named Wheezer. 128 rompin' stompin' MB of RAM and a light-speed
    400MHz AMD K6-2 CPU.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 4, 2005
  7. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 19:19:02 -0400, "dennis"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I'm so old I don't have a lap any more.Does this count? Do I win? I'm
    >>scared....

    > Define 'oldest laptop owner' - are we talking a 104 year old guy who
    > has a Dell Inspiron 6000, or a teenager who has a 12 year old laptop?

    Yes. And we've been doing so since last week. Catch up, Evan. ;)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 4, 2005
  8. Toolman Tim

    Fred Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 19:19:02 -0400, "dennis"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I'm so old I don't have a lap any more.Does this count? Do I win? I'm
    >>scared....

    > Define 'oldest laptop owner' - are we talking a 104 year old guy who
    > has a Dell Inspiron 6000, or a teenager who has a 12 year old laptop?
    > --

    Do you mean are we talking about the oldest-laptop owner, or the oldest
    laptop-owner?

    Fred, Oct 4, 2005
  9. Toolman Tim

    Martik Guest

    "Fred" <> wrote in message

    > "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 19:19:02 -0400, "dennis"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'm so old I don't have a lap any more.Does this count? Do I win? I'm
    >>>scared....

    >> Define 'oldest laptop owner' - are we talking a 104 year old guy who
    >> has a Dell Inspiron 6000, or a teenager who has a 12 year old laptop?
    >> --

    > Do you mean are we talking about the oldest-laptop owner, or the oldest
    > laptop-owner?

    Regardless of age who has the oldest laptop that is still working?

    I have a Compaq SLT /286 12mhz with 1.6mb ram, 40mb HD running Windows 3.1.
    It weights approx 12 lbs and sold for $7000CAD around 1989.

    Martik, Oct 4, 2005
  10. Toolman Tim

    Martik Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Martik wrote:
    >
    >> It should have read "Owners of oldest laptops"

    > It's not nearly as much fun that way. :)

    Yes, you all got alot of mileage from my poor grammer!

    Martik, Oct 4, 2005
  11. Martik wrote:

    > "Fred" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message

    >>> Define 'oldest laptop owner' - are we talking a 104 year old guy who
    >>> has a Dell Inspiron 6000, or a teenager who has a 12 year old laptop?
    >>> --

    >> Do you mean are we talking about the oldest-laptop owner, or the oldest
    >> laptop-owner?

    > Regardless of age who has the oldest laptop that is still working?
    >
    > I have a Compaq SLT /286 12mhz with 1.6mb ram, 40mb HD running Windows 3.1.

    Yow!

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 4, 2005
  12. Toolman Tim

    Scraggy Guest

    Martik wrote:
    > "Fred" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message

    >>> Define 'oldest laptop owner' - are we talking a 104 year old guy who
    >>> has a Dell Inspiron 6000, or a teenager who has a 12 year old
    >>> laptop? --

    >> Do you mean are we talking about the oldest-laptop owner, or the
    >> oldest laptop-owner?

    > Regardless of age who has the oldest laptop that is still working?
    >
    > I have a Compaq SLT /286 12mhz with 1.6mb ram, 40mb HD running
    > Windows 3.1. It weights approx 12 lbs and sold for $7000CAD around
    > 1989.

    JHC. Have you contacted the Smithsonian?
    members. Groucho Marx

    Scraggy, Oct 4, 2005
  13. Toolman Tim

    Fred Guest

    > Martik wrote:
    >>
    >> "Fred" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message

    >>> Do you mean are we talking about the oldest-laptop owner, or the oldest
    >>> laptop-owner?

    >> Regardless of age who has the oldest laptop that is still working?

    I have a friend with a very old laptop, but he's no longer working.>

    Fred, Oct 4, 2005
  14. Toolman Tim

    <> wrote:

    >I'm so old I don't have a lap any more.Does this count? Do I win? I'm
    >scared....

    You win for having your computer in the future.

    Evan Platt, Oct 4, 2005
  15. Toolman Tim

    Max Guest

    Toshiba T1000 here. 20Mb - yeah that's Mega-byte - hard drive. Needs
    memory slot card to get 2Mb of RAM. 8086 processor. Got it in 1991. Back
    in the day when 286 was King.

    Max, Oct 4, 2005
  16. Max wrote:
    > Toshiba T1000 here. 20Mb - yeah that's Mega-byte - hard drive. Needs
    > memory slot card to get 2Mb of RAM. 8086 processor. Got it in 1991. Back
    > in the day when 286 was King.

    You got it used?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 4, 2005
  17. Toolman Tim

    TNSAF Guest

    dennis wrote:
    > I'm so old I don't have a lap any more.Does this count? Do I win? I'm
    > scared....

    Up until 4 or 5 years ago I had my old Toshiba T3100 sitting in our office
    running a S&P spreadsheet that was light-years ahead of anything our company
    gave us to use. Multi-billion dollar company and it was barely 4 - 5 years
    ago that they gave us MS Office and the ability to save any files on the
    company computers.

    Dimensions: 12.2" W x 3.1"H x 14.2"D
    Weight: 15 lbs.
    CPU: 80286-8 (8/4.77MHz)
    RAM memory: 640KB (Conventional)
    Video RAM: 32KB
    Drives:One
    720KB 3.5" FDD
    20MB hard disk drive
    Operating system included: Toshiba MS-DOS 2.11 or 3.2

    http://www.parse.com/~ddunfield/museum/pc/h/t3100.jpg

    TNSAF, Oct 4, 2005
  18. Toolman Tim

    Max Guest

    > Max wrote:
    >> Toshiba T1000 here. 20Mb - yeah that's Mega-byte - hard drive. Needs
    >> memory slot card to get 2Mb of RAM. 8086 processor. Got it in 1991.
    >> Back
    >> in the day when 286 was King.

    > You got it used?

    Well, no. It was an organization unit that was just purchased new back
    then. Why?

    Max, Oct 5, 2005
  19. Toolman Tim

    dennis Guest

    dennis, Oct 5, 2005
  20. Max wrote:
    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> Max wrote:
    >>> Toshiba T1000 here. 20Mb - yeah that's Mega-byte - hard drive.
    >>> Needs memory slot card to get 2Mb of RAM. 8086 processor. Got it
    >>> in 1991. Back in the day when 286 was King.

    >> You got it used?

    > Well, no. It was an organization unit that was just purchased new
    > back then. Why?

    Just wondered, since you describes it as an 8086 acquired when 286s were
    already the going thing.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 5, 2005