    what it is supposed to do. (I can't find any information on Olympus' site
    describing the functions of the older lenses.)
    Can anyone help? Thanks

    Steven Wandy, Apr 16, 2004

  2. Steven Wandy

    ~ Darrell ~ Guest

    That is your depth-of-field button. All OM lenses have it.

    "Steven Wandy" <> wrote in message
    > I recently got the OM-4/3 adapter and picked up a used 50mm F3.5 Macro

    lens
    > to play around with. I have a question as I never used older Olympus Zuiko
    > lenses (my older 35mm equipment was Minolta).
    > On the on the chrome part of the lens nearest to the camera/adapter there
    > are two buttons. One releases the lens from the camera/adapter. The other

    is
    > just to the left of the F numbers and for the life of me I cannot figure

    out

    ~ Darrell ~, Apr 16, 2004

  3. "Steven Wandy" <> wrote in message
    > I recently got the OM-4/3 adapter and picked up a used 50mm F3.5 Macro

    lens
    > to play around with. I have a question as I never used older Olympus Zuiko
    > lenses (my older 35mm equipment was Minolta).
    > On the on the chrome part of the lens nearest to the camera/adapter there
    > are two buttons. One releases the lens from the camera/adapter. The other

    is
    > just to the left of the F numbers and for the life of me I cannot figure

    out
    > what it is supposed to do. (I can't find any information on Olympus' site
    > describing the functions of the older lenses.)
    > Can anyone help? Thanks

    It's the depth of field preview button.

    Dave
    --
    Dave Lawrance Photography
    http://www.first-contact.demon.co.uk

    Dave Lawrance, Apr 16, 2004
  4. Steven Wandy

    Steven Wandy Guest

    Thanks

    Steven Wandy, Apr 16, 2004
  5. Steven Wandy

    Steven Wandy Guest

    Thanks

    Steven Wandy, Apr 16, 2004
  6. Steven Wandy

    Jeremy Guest

    About That Macro Lens . . .

    > I recently got the OM-4/3 adapter and picked up a used 50mm F3.5 Macro

    lens
    > to play around with.

    You might be interested in an article by Mike Johnston, on the Luminous
    Landscape web site, where he mentions what appears to be your very lens as
    being quite good. He even has photos.

    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/columns/sm-02-09-22.shtml

    Jeremy, Apr 16, 2004
  7. "Steven Wandy" <> wrote in message
    > I recently got the OM-4/3 adapter and picked up a used 50mm F3.5 Macro

    lens
    > to play around with. I have a question as I never used older Olympus Zuiko
    > lenses (my older 35mm equipment was Minolta).
    > On the on the chrome part of the lens nearest to the camera/adapter there
    > are two buttons. One releases the lens from the camera/adapter. The other

    is
    > just to the left of the F numbers and for the life of me I cannot figure

    out
    > what it is supposed to do. (I can't find any information on Olympus' site
    > describing the functions of the older lenses.)
    > Can anyone help? Thanks

    DOF preview.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Apr 17, 2004
  8. Re: About That Macro Lens . . .

    Jeremy wrote:

    > "Steven Wandy" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > I recently got the OM-4/3 adapter and picked up a used 50mm F3.5 Macro

    > lens
    > > to play around with.

    > You might be interested in an article by Mike Johnston, on the Luminous
    > Landscape web site, where he mentions what appears to be your very lens as
    > being quite good. He even has photos.
    >
    > http://www.luminous-landscape.com/columns/sm-02-09-22.shtml

    He's referring to the 50/2 macro, one of the sharpest lens ever. It holds its
    own against the Summicron 50/2.

    --
    // richard
    http://www.imagecraft.com

    Richard F. Man, Apr 17, 2004
  9. Steven Wandy

    Jeremy Guest

    Re: About That Macro Lens . . .

    "Richard F. Man" <> wrote in message

    > Jeremy wrote:
    >
    > > "Steven Wandy" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > > I recently got the OM-4/3 adapter and picked up a used 50mm F3.5 Macro

    > > lens
    > > > to play around with.

    > > You might be interested in an article by Mike Johnston, on the Luminous
    > > Landscape web site, where he mentions what appears to be your very lens

    as
    > > being quite good. He even has photos.
    > >
    > > http://www.luminous-landscape.com/columns/sm-02-09-22.shtml

    > He's referring to the 50/2 macro, one of the sharpest lens ever. It holds

    its
    > own against the Summicron 50/2.

    The article features both the f/2 and the f/3.5

    Jeremy, Apr 17, 2004
  10. << I recently got the OM-4/3 adapter and picked up a used 50mm F3.5 Macro lens
    to play around with. >>

    Steven-

    Please tell me more about the adapter. What does it adapt to? Who makes it?
    Does it focus to infinity?

    I have several Olympus OM bodies and a small selection of lenses. It would be
    great to be able to use the lenses on a digital body.

    Fred

    Fred McKenzie, Apr 18, 2004
  11. Steven Wandy

    Tom Scales Guest

    You have two choices. The adapter he mentions is for the Olympus E-1.
    There is also an independent company that makes an adapter to the Canon EOS
    mount, allowing the Olympus lenses to work on a Canon body, including the
    10D, etc.

    Both, unfortunately, work in stop-down metering mode. I own a large
    collection of Zuikos, but couldn't live with stop down metering.

    tom

    Tom Scales, Apr 18, 2004
  12. Steven Wandy

    Ton Maas Guest

    Tom Scales <> wrote:

    > You have two choices. The adapter he mentions is for the Olympus E-1.
    > There is also an independent company that makes an adapter to the Canon EOS
    > mount, allowing the Olympus lenses to work on a Canon body, including the
    > 10D, etc.
    >
    > Both, unfortunately, work in stop-down metering mode. I own a large
    > collection of Zuikos, but couldn't live with stop down metering.
    >
    > tom
    > "Fred McKenzie" <> wrote in message
    > > << I recently got the OM-4/3 adapter and picked up a used 50mm F3.5 Macro

    > lens
    > > to play around with. >>

    Does anyone have an idea where this adapter might be available? I'm in
    the Netherlands and just purchased an E-1. Since I own quite a bit of
    nice OM-glass, I'm quite keen on the possibilty of using some of it on
    the E-1, but the adapter mentioned above doesn't seem to be available
    over here.

    Maybe I can get it from the US by mail-order. But on the few sites I
    checked so far (Tristate, B&H and 17th Street Photo), I couldn't find
    any reference to it.

    Any information would be very welcome!

    Ton

    Ton Maas, May 24, 2004
  13. Steven Wandy

    Tom Scales Guest

    It is not available for purchase. In both the US and Japan, Olympus is
    providing the adapter for free to registered owners. I don't know about
    Europe.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, May 24, 2004