    drive is rare, I thought about copying each of them onto a 3.5" diskette.
    But I don't have a 5 1/4" drive. Is there any place or person I can hire
    to do the copying or should I just go to underdogs? Suggestions please.
    Puzzled, Feb 13, 2004

  2. Puzzled

    docmill Guest

    Puzzled wrote on Fri, 13 Feb 2004 00:44:02 GMT :

    > I have several older games on 5 1/4" diskettes. Since that size floppy
    > drive is rare, I thought about copying each of them onto a 3.5" diskette.
    > But I don't have a 5 1/4" drive. Is there any place or person I can hire
    > to do the copying or should I just go to underdogs? Suggestions please.

    Seems like a waste to spend 6 bucks on a new drive, just to copy a few
    floppies. Have you searched the internet for the games to see if you can
    download them? There are sites that have old DOS games for downloading.

    --
    ++++++++ SEND ME A LINK ++++++++
    Docmill's "HOME OF THE HOT LINKS IN THE FRYING SPAM"
    docmill, Feb 13, 2004

  3. Puzzled

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:44:02 -0500, Puzzled wrote:

    >I have several older games on 5 1/4" diskettes. Since that size floppy
    >drive is rare, I thought about copying each of them onto a 3.5" diskette.
    >But I don't have a 5 1/4" drive. Is there any place or person I can hire
    >to do the copying or should I just go to underdogs? Suggestions please.

    Have you tried looking on ebay for one?

    http://snipurl.com/4gxr

    --
    "... by God I *KNOW* what this network is for, and you can't have it."
    -- Russ Allbery, 3/31/98
    Mara, Feb 13, 2004