    But not the other computers?

    Any ideas?

    DM.
    =?Utf-8?B?dGxjXzEzMjAwQGhvdG1haWwuY29t?=, Nov 17, 2004

  2. If you'd like to work this through one-on-one, send me an email and I'll
    walk you through the steps.

    "" <> wrote
    in message news:...

    Carey Holzman, Nov 17, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?dGxjXzEzMjAwQGhvdG1haWwuY29t?=

    Lou Ramsey Guest

    wrote:

    > We have an old Windows 98 S.E. on a Windows XP network, the new LAN card is
    > wireless, we can see the internet just fine, but for some strange reason or
    > another it can not see the other computers on the network.
    >
    > It is in the same workgroup, which is MSHOME, and it see's MSHOME just fine.
    > But not the other computers?
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > DM.

    Please reply to this message in the news group (not by E-mail) with more
    information, to help other people understand the problem.

    Windows 98 and XP computers on the same LAN require a bit of tweaking.

    Make sure you have NetBIOS Over TCP/IP (Local Area Connection -
    Properties - TCP/IP - Properties - Advanced - WINS) on each computer.

    Make sure the browser service is running on at least 2 Windows XP
    computers. Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services. Verify
    that the Computer Browser, and the TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper, services both
    show with Status = Started. Disable the browser service on the Windows
    98 computer - the Win98 browser doesn't get along well with the WinXP
    browser.
    http://cms.simons-rock.edu/faq_by_subtopic/node138.html
    Lou Ramsey, Nov 17, 2004