    number are set into the device. Some guy on Ebay is selling six of
    these.... why?

    , Feb 11, 2005

  2. >I have an old Vonage Motorola VT1005V Voice Terminal VoIP Adapter
    >which appears to be useless since its service has been canceled. Is
    >it fit for the garbage or can anything be done with it, its MAC and
    >phone number are set into the device.

    Vonage says they'll refund the $50 termination fee if you get an RMA
    and return the box. I'm cancelling my Vonage service this week so
    we'll see if I can give them back their ATA. FYI, the phone number
    isn't part of the device's fixed configuration so if someone else
    wanted to use it with a new Vonage account, they could.

    > Some guy on Ebay is selling six of these.... why?

    Presumably because he hopes he can find suckers who don't realize that
    they're locked to Vonage. Or maybe he's so dim he doesn't realize it.

    John R. Levine, Feb 11, 2005