    device? [Unbadged, but I think it's a Chinese clone of an iPod Nano]

    Q2. Might I damage the MP4 player if I hooked it up to try it?

    Any help would be appreciated.
    Ummmmmmm......., Jul 8, 2012

  2. Ummmmmmm.......

    Richard Guest

    On 7/8/2012 1:13 PM, Ummmmmmm....... wrote:
    > Does anyone know if I could use an old USB1 powered hub to charge a USB2
    > device? [Unbadged, but I think it's a Chinese clone of an iPod Nano]
    >
    > Q2. Might I damage the MP4 player if I hooked it up to try it?
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.

    Might not charge when unenumerated, most non i devices will charge at
    full current if they see the D+ and D- pins connected together.
    Richard, Jul 8, 2012

  3. On 7/07/2012 9:13 p.m., Ummmmmmm....... wrote:
    > Does anyone know if I could use an old USB1 powered hub to charge a USB2
    > device? [Unbadged, but I think it's a Chinese clone of an iPod Nano]
    >
    > Q2. Might I damage the MP4 player if I hooked it up to try it?
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.

    Ummmmmmm.......,

    So long the quality of the hub is reasonable, I do not see why not.

    If anything, I would see you bricking the hub because of the (if so) bad
    quality of the MPwhatever player. Hence why unless I am synchronising
    with a PC, I prefer to use standalone AC USB chargers or self-powered
    hubs for charging than the PC’s USB ports.

    Kia ora,
    Jonathan.

    --
    Jonathan Ah Kit – 814-753-4424 – Wilkes-Barre, PA – Lower Hutt, NZ
    E-mail: –
    Jonathan Ah Kit, Jul 8, 2012